Women of the third reich

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
nanette

Post by nanette » 28 Nov 2004, 20:28

Mich wrote:Every information about the women mentioned above is also still welcome!

Mich.

hello
why Frau Hedwig Potthast is not included in the above list?
Do you know yet informtion about her?
kind regards
nanette

Mich

Post by Mich » 28 Nov 2004, 23:34

Dear Nanette,
I've just made a short list of women of who I want to have some birth and death dates of. If you want information about Hedwig Potthast, I suggest that you open a new topic or that you ask for information about her here.

Best,
Mich.

debunks

Post by debunks » 30 Nov 2004, 06:45

Knut Hamsun wrote:Ahoi debunks,
if you are interested in the fate of Irma Grese the following site will help you:
http://www.geocities.com/biskupia/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/biskupia/irmagrese.htm
It`s really hard to believe that such a pretty woman could be a cruel guard in a concentration camp.
Kind regards
Knut
Thank you for the link, Knut. I found many other interesting cases there of which I was unaware, and now I am also intrigued by them as well, but it really added nothing to what I already know re Irma Grese. Btw, the information I examined re Ms Grese has led me to the conclusion that the charges preferred against her were false and malignant, and in some cases, contrived. After a rather detailed examination of all the known published facts regarding her case, I was unable to discover anything of a substantive nature regarding the manifold accusations of her accusers, whose testimonies were highly contradictory and did not strike me as being credible. Thus, I am especially interested in any substantive proofs of crime worthy of the death penalty on her part. Unsubstantiated accusations are definitely not my idea of legally convincing proofs of wrongdoing.

debunks

Post by debunks » 30 Nov 2004, 06:49

nanette wrote:
Mich wrote:Every information about the women mentioned above is also still welcome!

Mich.

hello
why Frau Hedwig Potthast is not included in the above list?
Do you know yet informtion about her?
kind regards
nanette
Nanette, Ms Potthast appears to have disappeared from all public scrutiny after she was informed of the death of Heinrich Himmler, by whom she bore two children. The surnames of the children were legally changed and are unknown. It is assumed that she later married, as she was still a young and attractive woman at the close of the war. Likewise, the wife of Alfred Rosenberg also disappeared, along with their daughter. No trace of them has ever been found to my knowledge. Now, the death of Martin Bormann's wife might bear a closer look...

Jeff Clark

Post by Jeff Clark » 30 Nov 2004, 07:29

exspand wrote:
Ley's wife committed suicide in 1942 or 43 as I recall

really? do you know why she did? such a gorgeous woman!!!

regards
nanette

Alcohol and depression

Mich

Post by Mich » 04 Dec 2004, 19:13

I've edited the death and birth dates which I now know. If somebody has more, it's still very welcome! :D

Best,
Mich.

SS-Researcher

Post by SS-Researcher » 04 Dec 2004, 22:02

Are there any new facts known about Mrs. Potthast? Is she still alive?

buraizsofi

Post by buraizsofi » 02 Sep 2006, 17:32

Hi,

I don't know if anybody's still visiting this topic, I can see that the last message was in 2004, but I need your help, so if somebody have the information about when Vera Eichmann died, I'd be happy if you sent me. I know she was born in 1909 (she was 3 years younger than her husband who was born in 1906), but I'm not sure about this info either.... Anyway I'd need to know when she died (year, month, MAYBE day.. ????).
If there are any ideas out there, PLEASE let me know!!!!
Thank you,
Sophie

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 18 Jan 2008, 00:16

Can anyone help me with more data on Frau Ingeborg Dönitz? Especially I'm interested in post-war info: I know that she at one time worked for Prof. Dr. Kunstmann in Hamburg . . .

yannos

Re: Women of the third reich

Post by yannos » 12 Mar 2008, 20:02

I know that Marion freisler was born on 10 february 1910 and died 21 january 1997 but probably you know this already.

Fides Germania

Re: Women of the third reich

Post by Fides Germania » 30 Mar 2017, 03:03

Hi,
Frau Lisa Keitel, geb. Fontain
* 4 Nov 1887
+ 14 Oct 1959
Gave birth to 3 girls one died young in 1942 from a terminal illness and 3 boys, one of who fell on the Eastern Front.
The eldest son is 100% loyal to his father and helped David Irving with contacts who had not spoken to any other historians.
Rob

Return to “Women in the Reich”