Henriette von Schirach

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
User avatar
Helge
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: 12 Jun 2010 07:09
Location: Finland

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Helge » 13 Jun 2012 19:10

Klaus von Schirach son of Baldur von Schirach

http://www.legalimage.de/de/magazin/21163.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

ladycplum
Member
Posts: 337
Joined: 31 Jan 2008 00:43
Location: Louisiana

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by ladycplum » 07 Jul 2012 00:26

Ferdinand bears an uncanny resemblance to Wolf-Rudiger Hess...in the eyes, at least.....
"The more I see, the more I know. The more I know, the less I understand"-Paul Weller

User avatar
Helge
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: 12 Jun 2010 07:09
Location: Finland

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Helge » 18 Jul 2012 07:28

Angelika Benedikta von Schirach daughter of Baldur von Schirach
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Helge on 18 Jul 2012 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

User avatar
Helge
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: 12 Jun 2010 07:09
Location: Finland

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Helge » 18 Jul 2012 07:34

Benedict Wells son of Richard von Schirach (* 1984 in Munich is a German writer )
His last name is not an author's pseudonym, but his real name,. Wells had him early in his passport officially change. It is a tribute to Homer Wells in his novel " The Cider House Post "by John Irving . Irving's novels were also the reason why he started writing. Wells now lives in Barcelona and is an active member of the German national team Author
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

User avatar
Helge
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: 12 Jun 2010 07:09
Location: Finland

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Helge » 18 Jul 2012 08:29

Photo: Peter Jacob (Leni's husband) and Leni Riefenstahl. Peter will be the cause of the divorce between Henriette and Baldur
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

history1
Member
Posts: 3557
Joined: 31 Oct 2005 09:12
Location: Austria

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by history1 » 18 Jul 2012 08:31

The german wikipedia website isn´t the best source, Helge. :lol:

First of all nobody in Germany can or does change his last name only to honor some writer, that´s only ridiculous. German Law don´t give you the possibility to change a name because of this reason.
Rather is the true reason § 39 Allgemeine Verwaltungsvorschrift zum Gesetz über die Änderung von Familiennamen und Vornamen (NamÄndVwV):

Code: Select all

(1) Ist ein seltener oder auffälliger Familienname durch die Berichterstattung über eine Straftat so eng mit Tat und Täter verbunden, daß in weiten Kreisen der Bevölkerung bei Nennung des Namens auch nach längerer Zeit noch immer ein Zusammenhang hergestellt wird, so kann der Familienname des Täters und gegebenenfalls auch der seiner Angehörigen zur Erleichterung der Resozialisierung geändert werden. Dies kann bereits vor der Haftentlassung geschehen, wenn die Strafvollzugsbehörde dies befürwortet. [...]

(2) Der Familienname von Angehörigen des Täters kann geändert werden, wenn dies etwa im Zusammenhang mit einem Wohnungswechsel, zur Vermeidung von Belästigungen sinnvoll erscheint. [...].
Source: http://www.verwaltungsvorschriften-im-i ... 331317.htm

Translation:
(1) If a rare or remarkable family name is connected by the reporting about a criminal offense so narrowly with action and culprit that in wide circles of the population with naming of the name also after longer time still a connection is produced, the family name of the culprit and if necessary also that of his members can be changed to the relief of the rehabilitation. This can already happen before the release if the penal execution authority recommends this. [...] (2) the family name of members of the culprit can be changed if this seems sensible possibly in connection with an apartment change, to the avoidance of nuisances. [...]

Your
"Wells now lives in Barcelona and is an active member of the German national team Author"
should better be
"Wells now lives in Barcelona and is an active member of the writers German national team in soccer".

I never saw, read or heared about a match of this national team "rofl"

User avatar
Helge
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: 12 Jun 2010 07:09
Location: Finland

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Helge » 18 Jul 2012 08:48

history1 wrote:The german wikipedia website isn´t the best source, Helge. :lol:

First of all nobody in Germany can or does change his last name only to honor some writer, that´s only ridiculous. German Law don´t give you the possibility to change a name because of this reason.
Rather is the true reason § 39 Allgemeine Verwaltungsvorschrift zum Gesetz über die Änderung von Familiennamen und Vornamen (NamÄndVwV):

Code: Select all

(1) Ist ein seltener oder auffälliger Familienname durch die Berichterstattung über eine Straftat so eng mit Tat und Täter verbunden, daß in weiten Kreisen der Bevölkerung bei Nennung des Namens auch nach längerer Zeit noch immer ein Zusammenhang hergestellt wird, so kann der Familienname des Täters und gegebenenfalls auch der seiner Angehörigen zur Erleichterung der Resozialisierung geändert werden. Dies kann bereits vor der Haftentlassung geschehen, wenn die Strafvollzugsbehörde dies befürwortet. [...]

(2) Der Familienname von Angehörigen des Täters kann geändert werden, wenn dies etwa im Zusammenhang mit einem Wohnungswechsel, zur Vermeidung von Belästigungen sinnvoll erscheint. [...].
Source: http://www.verwaltungsvorschriften-im-i ... 331317.htm

Translation:
(1) If a rare or remarkable family name is connected by the reporting about a criminal offense so narrowly with action and culprit that in wide circles of the population with naming of the name also after longer time still a connection is produced, the family name of the culprit and if necessary also that of his members can be changed to the relief of the rehabilitation. This can already happen before the release if the penal execution authority recommends this. [...] (2) the family name of members of the culprit can be changed if this seems sensible possibly in connection with an apartment change, to the avoidance of nuisances. [...]

Your
"Wells now lives in Barcelona and is an active member of the German national team Author"
should better be
"Wells now lives in Barcelona and is an active member of the writers German national team in soccer".

I never saw, read or heared about a match of this national team "rofl"
Thanks history1. Your expertise is invaluable to me and for all. Now everything is very clear and complete. The fantasy of Wikipedia has no limits! You're right, Wikipedia is not a useful source especially when they dream at night the news (which unfortunately they write). Thanks again for your help always appreciated and strict.

Thanks. Helge
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

User avatar
Helge
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: 12 Jun 2010 07:09
Location: Finland

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Helge » 18 Jul 2012 09:16

Richard von Schirach son of Baldur von Schirach

Photo: http://www.obersalzberg.de/archiv_veranstaltungen0.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

User avatar
Geoff Walden
Member
Posts: 2422
Joined: 29 Mar 2002 14:50
Location: South of the Mason-Dixon Line

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Geoff Walden » 30 Jul 2013 19:24

Helge wrote:Photo: Peter Jacob (Leni's husband) and Leni Riefenstahl. Peter will be the cause of the divorce between Henriette and Baldur
Helge, could you provide some details on this, please? I have read Henriette von Schirach's books, and she skirts around the issue of her divorce from Baldur, but she never does explain it. I have always been curious - exactly why did she divorce Baldur, when he was in prison? Was that all there was to it? - her relationship with Peter Jacob? She didn't later marry him, did she? Did she live with him after the divorce?

User avatar
Helge
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: 12 Jun 2010 07:09
Location: Finland

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Helge » 30 Jul 2013 23:10

She had a relationship with Peter Jacob. No, I have not celebrated any marriage.

Geoff congratulations for your website!

Helge
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

User avatar
Geoff Walden
Member
Posts: 2422
Joined: 29 Mar 2002 14:50
Location: South of the Mason-Dixon Line

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Geoff Walden » 31 Jul 2013 15:46

Thanks, Helge!

User avatar
Vikki
Forum Staff
Posts: 3300
Joined: 08 Jul 2003 01:35
Location: Amerika

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Vikki » 31 Jul 2013 16:10

Great information and photos, as always, Helge! Thanks for posting the results of your research here.

I know Geoff asked for details on the information below. Could you give us a source for it?
Helge wrote:Photo: Peter Jacob (Leni's husband) and Leni Riefenstahl. Peter will be the cause of the divorce between Henriette and Baldur
Helge wrote:She had a relationship with Peter Jacob. No, I have not celebrated any marriage.
Thanks,

~Vikki

User avatar
Ian Jewison
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: 06 May 2002 20:30
Location: Lincolnshire, UK

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Ian Jewison » 14 Apr 2014 00:33

Moltke d. J. wrote:some other Münchows might fit too. I would go for

Ernst Franz Karl Gustav Joachim, *Charlottenburg bei Berlin 6.4.1900, + Lübeck 20.11.1974, auf Gotzkau und Richenwalde, Kr. Schlochau, Landwirt, Obstlt. d. Res.
? wrote: What's on page 71 [by Sally Perel] of the Volkswagen compilation is really interesting :

"[...] I was told by some of the other former officers [was] that a niece of Captain von Münchow who wanted to adopt me after the war, had spoken up for me. Münchow owned a lot of land in Pommern near Stettin, and his niece was Henriette von Schirach, the wife of Baldur von Schirach, the highest ranking leader in the hitler youth."
Bit of an old thread and whether or not it will help, not sure, however, some info does match......this is a photo of:

Joachim Karl Franz Ernst von Münchow. Born 6.4.1900 in Westend (Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf), Berlin. His father was Rittmeister a.D. Adalbert von Münchow (+1911) who was a Rittergutsbesitzer. So that would make Joachim a landowner, also in 1943 he was a Hauptmann. Promoted Major 1.6.1943.

/Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Helge
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: 12 Jun 2010 07:09
Location: Finland

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Helge » 14 Apr 2014 07:58

Angelika Benedikta von Schirach daughter of Baldur von Schirach
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

User avatar
Helge
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: 12 Jun 2010 07:09
Location: Finland

Re: Henriette von Schirach

Post by Helge » 14 Apr 2014 08:05

Klaus von Schirach son of Baldur von Schirach
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Return to “Women in the Reich”