WEDDINGS - Here come the BRIDES!

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
chris44

Re: WEDDINGS - Here come the BRIDES!

Post by chris44 » 18 Aug 2013 11:18

new to my arcihive
SS-Untersturmführer Herbert ERNST (KIA)
chris44
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Larrister

Post by Larrister » 18 Aug 2013 21:52

chris44 wrote:new to my arcihive
SS-Untersturmführer Herbert ERNST (KIA)
chris44
Very nice photo Chris. :D
You should watermark your photos before posting.

Larry

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 19 Aug 2013 02:23

Larrister wrote:Very nice photo Chris. :D
You should watermark your photos before posting.

Larry
I agree with everything Larry said above--great photo! I especially like it because of her headwear--see some similar examples of head scarves and turbans beginning at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 6#p1488976.

~Vikki

Larrister

Post by Larrister » 19 Aug 2013 10:49

Wedding portrait from one of my albums.

Larry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

seaburn
Financial supporter

Post by seaburn » 19 Aug 2013 17:15

Love the look of the Bride in the head piece, she looks very glamorous in a 'Hollywood-esque' style. Its very sad that the Groom was KIA, I'm sure there were many women in Germany and Russia in the 1940s that never had a chance to marry due to the high mortality rate among the young male population. It was the same story in England after WW1.

Heydrich...I'm sorry but that man always gives me the shivers, they say the eyes are the windows to your soul and in this case that's probably the reason I shudder as I find his eyes far too small and cruel. He is sometimes held up as the epitome of the good looking Aryan male, but honestly, I never got why. :?

The wedding party, well at least the Bride and Groom look happy unlike Miss grumpy on the right! I wonder was she unhappy because she didn't have the 'shower of hail' dress like the other women in the wedding party :D

Keep them comming Pleeese !

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 23 Aug 2013 01:21

An unsourced photo by Spartandax and other posts related to it were removed by this moderator. The Forum rules at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6 require giving credit for photos just as for text, and they're very specific about the source citations required:
Listing the source of the images
The administration appreciate that many of the discussions require illustrations, including period photographs. At the same time, we would like to maintain the high quality that the Axis History Forum is known for. Therefore, we require that our members list the source of the photographs they post. The required information depends on the source of the photograph.

Books and magazines: The author and title of the book. Page number is also preferred, but not required.
Archives: The archive name and reference, as per the instructions of the archive.
Websites: The URL to the specific page where the photograph was found. Note, that Google image search is not accepted. If you have found the photograph using Google image search, you must follow the link on Google, and post the website address. Likewise, for eBay auctions, include the seller's id when possible.
If you do not remember the source, you must explicitly write this (this is not a carte blanche to state that the source for all the photographs you post are unknown, and abuse of this method is not accepted).
Own collection: If you own the photograph yourself (i.e. a period print or a print which you are allowed to re-publish), you must write so either by watermarking the photograph or writing it in your post. Claiming you own photographs which you do not actually own will not be tolerated.

Violating these guidelines can result in removal of posts, warnings, loss of photo posting privileges and banning.
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6

In addition, a second thread devoted to reminding everyone about the requirement of including sources for pictures is posted in the Comments and Announcements sectin at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=191153

~Vikki

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 24 Aug 2013 01:53

An unsourced photo by Spartandax and other posts related to it were removed by this moderator. The Forum rules at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6 require giving credit for photos just as for text, and they're very specific about the source citations required:
Listing the source of the images
The administration appreciate that many of the discussions require illustrations, including period photographs. At the same time, we would like to maintain the high quality that the Axis History Forum is known for. Therefore, we require that our members list the source of the photographs they post. The required information depends on the source of the photograph.

Books and magazines: The author and title of the book. Page number is also preferred, but not required.
Archives: The archive name and reference, as per the instructions of the archive.
Websites: The URL to the specific page where the photograph was found. Note, that Google image search is not accepted. If you have found the photograph using Google image search, you must follow the link on Google, and post the website address. Likewise, for eBay auctions, include the seller's id when possible.
If you do not remember the source, you must explicitly write this (this is not a carte blanche to state that the source for all the photographs you post are unknown, and abuse of this method is not accepted).
Own collection: If you own the photograph yourself (i.e. a period print or a print which you are allowed to re-publish), you must write so either by watermarking the photograph or writing it in your post. Claiming you own photographs which you do not actually own will not be tolerated.

Violating these guidelines can result in removal of posts, warnings, loss of photo posting privileges and banning.
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6

In addition, a second thread devoted to reminding everyone about the requirement of including sources for pictures is posted in the Comments and Announcements section at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=191153

~Vikki

Larrister

Post by Larrister » 25 Aug 2013 21:46

From one of my albums.

Larry

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 26 Aug 2013 00:56

This one is lovely but unusual?

Second marriage perhaps? Not usual to have your children in
the marriage photo?

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 26 Aug 2013 03:47

The groom looks young enough that they could be his siblings(?). The girl to his left especially looks like him.

~Vikki

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 26 Aug 2013 03:54

You could be correct, because I also saw the similarity in those children faces so I just
assumed they were the children. I couple didn't look too young, at least to me.

:?

Larrister

Post by Larrister » 26 Aug 2013 08:04

There is a similarity in the faces to the groom's. All except the girl in the dark dress. They could be the groom's nieces and nephews.
Here is a photo of the same guy with two girls who may be his daughters?

Larrister

Post by Larrister » 26 Aug 2013 08:06

Fallschirmjäger and bride.

Larry

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 02 Sep 2013 04:40

Larrister wrote:There is a similarity in the faces to the groom's. All except the girl in the dark dress. They could be the groom's nieces and nephews.
Are there any dates or notes on the backs of the photos, Larry? I looked at the faces of the girls in the two photos to see whether they could be the same girls, but don't see any close resemblance. However, he's not wearing the EKII ribbon in the second photo, so I'd date it earlier than the first photo you posted, where he is wearing it.

What do you think?

~Vikki

Larrister

Post by Larrister » 02 Sep 2013 08:23

Vikki wrote:
Larrister wrote:There is a similarity in the faces to the groom's. All except the girl in the dark dress. They could be the groom's nieces and nephews.
Are there any dates or notes on the backs of the photos, Larry? I looked at the faces of the girls in the two photos to see whether they could be the same girls, but don't see any close resemblance. However, he's not wearing the EKII ribbon in the second photo, so I'd date it earlier than the first photo you posted, where he is wearing it.

What do you think?

~Vikki
Hi Vikki,

Thanks for your reply. All the girls in the two photos except the girl in the dark dress bear a resemblance to the soldier.
In the wedding photo he wears his EKII ribbon but not in the other photo.

However, in the photo with the two girls he wears the EKI which means he must have also earned the EKII but is not wearing the ribbon. This can be seen in other photos in my collection.

The two girls look to be a year or two younger than the others and guessing that the soldier is in his mid-20's they would more likely be his daughters. Like I said, just a guess as there is no writing on the backs of the photos.

Larry

Return to “Women in the Reich”