1945 Lost German girl

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
DD66

Re: 1945 Lost German girl

Post by DD66 » 28 Mar 2017, 15:15

Ah, the old "I don't like what you say, so I'll call you a troll" routine.
It used to work, but it's wearing a bit thin now mars.

So keep pedalling your nonsense as facts. Maybe some people will take you seriously.

When you can back up your 'facts' with real evidence, I'll be here listening.

marliz

Post by marliz » 05 Apr 2017, 11:07

Please gentleman, we are talking about really serious facts so please is not a teenager blog so concentrate us only in history and leave out ourselves passions way. Thank you

DD66

Post by DD66 » 07 Apr 2017, 01:00

Yes I agree, we definitely want 'facts'.

ignacioosacar

Post by ignacioosacar » 07 Apr 2017, 19:57

Dear Vapa92 and Forum,

Welcome Vapa92. The Finnish clue makes sense. Even considering an investigation procedure of discarding. It makes much sense to me at least. Besides we would be dealing with official archives photos and documents. I strongly encourage Vapa92 to move forward in that direction.

I wonder if Vapa92 found LGG face features common with Finnish women ? I remember someone once posted that she looked like many girls in certain region of northern Finland ( Laponia ? ) I cannot find the post now but I am sure I read it.

Beltain

Post by Beltain » 05 Jun 2017, 04:07

Greetings

I have been following this thread for some time now and have read all posts from beginning to end more than once let me tell you. I have never posted a comment before obviously but something has been bothering me for some time. Way back in the middle part of the thread someone posted a group picture of the Flakwaffenhelferinnen that left Prague on the 9th of May if I remember right (or maybe it was a different one from the area). There were similarities between the LGG and two young women in the picture, one from the middle row and one from the front row as I remember it. There was much discussion about the middle row woman who had a longer face and in my opinion looked nothing like the LGG from the video but the heavier set woman from the front row seemed to be discarded by everyone as no match at all. This has always bothered me because in my opinion the two women are the same only the one in the video is about 25 pounds or so lighter.
Group2.jpg
I cannot post the picture of the three side by side which appears in a comment on page 82 but I have just never been able to shake my feeling that the woman in the front row is the same girl as seen in the video only heavier and with much less stressful life experiences weighing her down.

Now I am no facial recognition expert by any means but everything seems to line up with shape once I start mentally melting off some padding for lack of a better term.

Also the observation that the two shots of LGG along the road side are up to 50 meters apart does not seem to add up when one takes into account the large black box that is behind her against a tree in the back ground on the same side of the road. I would say we are looking at a displacement of less than 5 meters or so getting up to the road marker for the second shot.

Just adding my thoughts after all this time. I was hoping someone else would see what I see in the picture of the young women but have given up hope of that and so finally added my thoughts to this thread.

marliz

Post by marliz » 06 Jun 2017, 11:36

Nice comment Beltain!

Beltain

Post by Beltain » 06 Jun 2017, 21:55

Thank you marliz!!!

OK I copied the pic from page 82 I was referencing.
LGGF_zpscf6255f6.jpg
LGGF_zpscf6255f6.jpg (29.58 KiB) Viewed 5547 times
Looking at the girl on the left I see the same jawline, same chin, same forehead and eye brows. The cheeks are much larger on the girl to the left but if you remove some weight they would sink in about like in the picture of LGG in the middle. The nose also looks larger but I am not sure if a nose does slim down as one loses weight.

The hair part is another difference but from the video it really looks as if LGG's hair wants to part on the right and the left about equally a few times.

Just curious if anyone else can see the same similarities I do.

StickShaker

Post by StickShaker » 08 Jun 2017, 20:19

I dont see a similarity, her nose would not only have to slim but completely change shape for the girl on the left to be the LGG. Do not agree the chin is the same. There are other differences I see but I guess they could be changed a bit from the beating she took(cheekbone, overall shape of face, distance between eyes).

Beltain

Post by Beltain » 10 Jun 2017, 05:20

I managed to feed the two pics into some facial software that I really don't know much about using. Gave me a 50% probability so nothing tangible I guess.
lggcomparpnts1.png
lggcomparpnts1.png (209.78 KiB) Viewed 5361 times
The dots seem to me to line up between the two especially the eyes, down the nose to the point of the chin. Each have high cheek bones although LGG's cheeks are sunken and the pic on the left gets thrown off some by the dimples especially on the right side (while viewing) of the left pic where the larger cheeks throw off the dots. The cheek bones on the other side however line up perfectly it looks to me. The nose I grant you looks wider on the pic to the left and I have not found out if a nose does shrink when one loses weight overall.

I don't know. I could be way off I guess. Just seems like the pic on the left is a carefree, well fed girl and the one on the right is after months of a living hell. Went from well fed girl to almost malnourished woman with a lot of stress and baggage in a short time. Aged her some besides the weight loss IMO.

DD66

Post by DD66 » 11 Jun 2017, 03:29

For what it's worth, I don't think she looks much like LGG.
I think the other girl (middle) is a dead ringer.
Same hairline, forehead, eyebrows and eyes (although her eyes look a bit narrower than LGG), cheek bones, identical nose, she even tilts her head slightly like LGG.
Different facial expression so dificult to compare the mouth and chin.

Beltain

Post by Beltain » 12 Jun 2017, 06:44

Chin is much too long and rounded on the girl to the right and her forehead is much larger too. Her and LGG both have high cheek bones but the one on the right come down further. I really think the weight issue is what is throwing everyone off. The girl on the left has the same flatter chin and same length cheek bones but the extra fluff puffing the cheeks out and causing the dimples throws things off.

Then again doesn't seem like anyone agrees with me so I will just shut up about it now :)

Vapa92

Post by Vapa92 » 13 Jun 2017, 21:49

ignacioosacar wrote:Dear Vapa92 and Forum,

Welcome Vapa92. The Finnish clue makes sense. Even considering an investigation procedure of discarding. It makes much sense to me at least. Besides we would be dealing with official archives photos and documents. I strongly encourage Vapa92 to move forward in that direction.

I wonder if Vapa92 found LGG face features common with Finnish women ? I remember someone once posted that she looked like many girls in certain region of northern Finland ( Laponia ? ) I cannot find the post now but I am sure I read it.

Yes, i think LGG looks Finnish. But as you know, she can be also from any other country. Finnish national archive is 700 kilometers from me, so i am having a problem with that. If we could found a member from Helsinki, it would be easier for him to go check the archive.

I am trying to find material from national archives in enthernet.
Last edited by Vapa92 on 14 Jun 2017, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

Vapa92

Post by Vapa92 » 13 Jun 2017, 22:52

What do you think about this picture? I Think there is two woman helding hands. The one on the left is looking down, just as LGG did at the beginning of the video. I think she even walks like him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSEPK1vi088 at 28:04 and 28:08-28:11

hsa601

Post by hsa601 » 14 Jun 2017, 09:32

I looked at the clip several times. I don't think this is LGG. I don't even think it is a woman.

ignacioosacar

Post by ignacioosacar » 15 Jun 2017, 16:43

Hello Beltain,

Welcome to the forum. I have been studying the photo for some yars now. I have always gave high probabilities to the girl in the middle. It is a pity she has her mouth opened. It is a difficulty factor for proper facefeatures comparison. Some years ago Stello, a forum member from Italy, did a grat job with another photo, he used a very good app at the time, unfortunately he has been away from the forum for some time now. These Flak girls have a common fact with LGG: Withrawal from Prague towards Pilsen.

Cheers

Return to “Women in the Reich”