1945 Lost German girl

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Topspeed

Re: 1945 Lost German girl

Post by Topspeed » 14 Feb 2022, 18:33

Totenkomf wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 16:47
Well at least she is not a "SS-Girl" as claimed, if it is her as a Heiferin in the Luftwaffe Unit.

They are all evil nazis to allied.

Totenkomf

Post by Totenkomf » 14 Feb 2022, 18:47

Topspeed wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 18:33
Totenkomf wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 16:47
Well at least she is not a "SS-Girl" as claimed, if it is her as a Heiferin in the Luftwaffe Unit.

They are all evil nazis to allied.
Okay..do you mean all the Germans?
"Befehl ist Befehl"

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 14 Feb 2022, 21:37

I do not think the woman is wearing" SS" trousers. I think I have found detailed pictures of the trousers I think she is wearing and they are not"SS". The pictures ID the trouser type, who made them and where in germany the trousers in the photos were made. The trousers she has on may have been made by another company.
The pictures are from a collector.
The trousers she wears have side pockets with a one plastic button pocket flap with a destinctive shape, bright silver buckles for the waist adjustment strap with a belt loop just forward of the buckle, one plastic button watch pocket and one external plastic button on the fly.
I will try to have it posted around 0300. I have to go to work now.
The black pull over wool sweater she is wearing is common to the Heer, Luftwaffe and SS from what I have read.

Totenkomf

Post by Totenkomf » 14 Feb 2022, 21:43

The cloathing that she wears is pretty common for many branches of the German army. Like the only thing that would make her an SS Helferin would be their outfit: female uniform with skirt, cap with SS Eagle.

I do not know where people have got that asumption that she would have been part of the SS or an "SS Girl".

But her branch of service didn't seem to matter for the Czechs or the Soviets...
"Befehl ist Befehl"

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 14 Feb 2022, 22:36

hello
the name "SS Girl" was given by Captain Oren W. Haglund, he wrote it down on the shot cards of the film tapes he took of the young woman, it is not known why and there is no evidence to confirm that, nor if that he gave her name when he found her or when he wrote the shot cards to identify her in some way
Cheers

shot cards

Totenkomf

Post by Totenkomf » 14 Feb 2022, 22:39

CarlosXander wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 22:36
hello
the name "SS Girl" was given by Captain Oren W. Haglund, he wrote it down on the shot cards of the film tapes he took of the young woman, it is not known why and there is no evidence to confirm that, nor if that he gave her name when he found her or when he wrote the shot cards to identify her in some way
Cheers

shot cards

How Haglund thought she was an SS girl? Maybe because she was with German soldiers and SS Men?.
"Befehl ist Befehl"

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 14 Feb 2022, 22:47

Thanks Carlos. That is what I was going to say.
I would have to see identification papers before I could say who she was.

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 14 Feb 2022, 23:49

Totenkomf wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 22:39
CarlosXander wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 22:36
hello
Cheers

shot cards

How Haglund thought she was an SS girl? Maybe because she was with German soldiers and SS Men?.
the only data that there is is from the book “Na demarkační čáře, Americká armáda v Čechách v ruce 1945” which is in Czech language where it says that the group of 2000 Germans who surrendered that day, separated into about 200 members who were from the SS which is the group that is filmed by Haglund, in that group was this young woman who could be the wife, girlfriend or lover of some member of an SS, in theory since there is nothing to confirm it

Saul

Post by Saul » 15 Feb 2022, 05:58

Pick of Regensburg detention camp taken between 1946/47

Image's source: https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums ... n-germany/

The author of the post says that he got it in the flea market with other 2 photos that are supposed to be of Regensburg too. Would be interesting ask him if he got more photos or if he could get more, or ask his dealer where he took them from.

Cheers

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 15 Feb 2022, 12:50

I think I have found pictures that show what trousers the woman is wearing. Luftwaffe M43 Keilhose. Rundbundhosen.
The trousers she wears have side and a single rear pocket with flaps that have a distinctive shape. The flaps close with a single plastic button.
On the left side can be seen the adjustment strap that uses a silver metal buckle. Forward of the buckle is a belt loop. The braces use silver metal dish pan buttons instead of plastic. The 2 belt loops on the front are missing. The flap for the watch pocket is more rectangular than the Militaria Plaza trousers. There is a metal chain ring above the watch pocket. The waist closes with a single external plastic button. The fly has internal buttons.

Both of the trousers below have the chain ring. The Militaria Plaza trousers have pocket flaps. Th LUX do not. That is the only difference I see.

https://militariaplaza.nl/uniforms/luft ... e-1-detail

https://www.lux-military-antiques.com/e ... users-.htm
+++These are ink stamped with a Luftwaffe acceptance mark.+++

I have been up 21 hours, I am tired.

Totenkomf

Post by Totenkomf » 15 Feb 2022, 13:32

wirklich wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 12:50
I think I have found pictures that show what trousers the woman is wearing. Luftwaffe M43 Keilhose. Rundbundhosen.
The trousers she wears have side and a single rear pocket with flaps that have a distinctive shape. The flaps close with a single plastic button.
On the left side can be seen the adjustment strap that uses a silver metal buckle. Forward of the buckle is a belt loop. The braces use silver metal dish pan buttons instead of plastic. The 2 belt loops on the front are missing. The flap for the watch pocket is more rectangular than the Militaria Plaza trousers. There is a metal chain ring above the watch pocket. The waist closes with a single external plastic button. The fly has internal buttons.

Both of the trousers below have the chain ring. The Militaria Plaza trousers have pocket flaps. Th LUX do not. That is the only difference I see.

Take some pervitin and you'll stay up no problemos..
So she wears Luftwaffe Pants, so was she then part of a Luftwaffe Unit or just wore those LF pants?.
"Befehl ist Befehl"

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 16 Feb 2022, 11:26

Totenkomf wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 13:32
wirklich wrote:

So she wears Luftwaffe Pants, so was she then part of a Luftwaffe Unit or just wore those LF pants?.
Last edited by wirklich on 16 Feb 2022, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

Totenkomf

Post by Totenkomf » 16 Feb 2022, 11:32

wirklich wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 11:26
Totenkomf wrote:
wirklich wrote:

pervitin...jolly joker! Says sergeant Schultz.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=di ... 6PC%3dLCTS
A light little joke, didn't you get it?. Sergeant Schulz?
"Befehl ist Befehl"

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 16 Feb 2022, 11:35

Totenkomf wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 11:32
wirklich wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 11:26
Totenkomf wrote:
wirklich wrote:

pervitin...jolly joker! Says sergeant Schultz.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=di ... 6PC%3dLCTS
A light little joke, didn't you get it?. Sergeant Schulz?
Yes. I thought it was funny. Do you know who seargeat Schultz was?

Totenkomf

Post by Totenkomf » 16 Feb 2022, 11:39

Wasn't he a Luftwaffe Oberfeldwebel played by John Banner in Hogan's Heroes..
"Befehl ist Befehl"

Return to “Women in the Reich”