Sigurd Peiper

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
muffinlambchop

Sigurd Peiper

Post by muffinlambchop » 22 Apr 2009, 01:04

Hello fellow WWII history enthusist! I am new to this site.
I am curious if there are any photographs of SS-Standartenfüher Joachim Peiper's wife Sigurd, especially any of them together? I have seen two known photos of her both being during the Malmedy Trials. Thanks for any help. I am interested in her because of her husband and her obviously close relationship to Himmler.

Heimatschuss

Re: Sigurd Peiper

Post by Heimatschuss » 22 Apr 2009, 10:32

Hello,

and welcome to our forum. Here's a rather well-known photo of Fräulein Hinrichsen (the later Mrs Peiper) during the wedding of Obersturmbannführer Pruchtnow in 1937. Hinrichsen is the blonde behind Himmler.
Fräulein Hinrichsen.jpg
Fräulein Hinrichsen.jpg (31.62 KiB) Viewed 14334 times
Source: http://bpkgate.picturemaxx.com

BTW, I doubt a bit that her first name really is Sigurd. I know that she's called so on various websites but 'Sigurd' is a boy's name and registry offices in Germany always check that the child's christian name makes its sex absolutely clear. Her first name could be Sigrid or Sigrun or something like that.

Best regards
Torsten

muffinlambchop

Thanks, love to see more

Post by muffinlambchop » 22 Apr 2009, 21:55

Hello
Thank you for your reply! I have already seen this photograph, but I truly do appreciate your effort. Are there any others of her? it seems strange there aren't any of Peiper and his wife together, published I mean. Any photos of her anybody can scan or upload I would love to see. I was told Patrick Agte's book has photos of them together (young) and a pic from the Wolff wedding. Please somebody scan these!!!
Sigurd is a male name (folklore)- Her nickname according to various sources was Siggy, I've often wondered about this also!

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 25 Apr 2009, 11:17

On the family grave stone, her name is "Sigurd."

Geoff Walden

muffinlambchop

Post by muffinlambchop » 25 Apr 2009, 19:56

It is still a traditionally masculine name in Nordic countries. By the way, does anybody have any photographs to upload? I am still very interested in seeing her photographs. I have just been informed by a lovely person that none of the books available (including Agte's opus) contain pics circa WWII of the Peiper family. If anybody has any rare pics of Sigurd please upload. Thanks so much.

slacky

Post by slacky » 26 Apr 2009, 21:39

muffinlambchop

thank you

Post by muffinlambchop » 27 Apr 2009, 04:46

Hi!! yes , that is Sigurd (during the trial?) and her children. I have seen this site before- so though it is nothing new, thank you for trying! it is proving near impossible to find more photographs of Sigurd or the Peiper family. They are not a very attractive family, considering Peiper being one of the poster boys of the bloody Third Reich. She is a typical house frau of the era I suppose (and a diehard Nazi and Himmler confidant). I do appreciate all efforts to find pics!! thanks so much!

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 27 Apr 2009, 10:52

What i can read of the russian from top to bottom: Waldemar Peiper, Horst Peiper, Sigurd Peiper, Elke Peiper, Heinrich Peiper, Silke Peiper. Horst must be Joachim's brother and Waldemar is Peiper's father.

slacky

Post by slacky » 27 Apr 2009, 11:21

i also found this one i don't know who the woman is but its a cool picture of peiper i've never seen before
http://wolff.blog32.fc2.com/blog-entry-36.html

Harro

Post by Harro » 27 Apr 2009, 14:58

The "woman" is his daughter Elke. 10 years old in that photo

slacky

Post by slacky » 27 Apr 2009, 16:52

does anyone knew what happend to peipers awards

muffinlambchop

Sigurd Peiper-great pics Elke & birth certificate

Post by muffinlambchop » 27 Apr 2009, 20:50

That was great, thanks so much! is that a Third Reich birth anouncement or certificate?? it looks so strange, doesn't it? It looks fake in a way, but I am no expert. I had not seen that Elke pic before either so it was a very interesting site for me. Also the pic of Peiper and Timm. Interesting question about Peiper's awards, I do know all the SS on trial were stripped of given plain uniforms (no insignia).
Hoping to see more rarities. I really appreciate the efforts, thanks so much!!

Heimatschuss

Re: great pics

Post by Heimatschuss » 27 Apr 2009, 21:46

Good evening,
muffinlambchop wrote:That was great, thanks so much! is that a Third Reich birth anouncement or certificate?? it looks so strange, doesn't it? It looks fake in a way, but I am no expert. I had not seen that Elke pic before either so it was a very interesting site for me. Also the pic of Peiper and Timm. Interesting question about Peiper's awards, I do know all the SS on trial were stripped of given plain uniforms (no insignia).
Hoping to see more rarities. I really appreciate the efforts, thanks so much!!
the birth announcement for Elke Peiper is from 'Das Schwarze Korps' (The Black Corps), the newspaper of the SS, I presume. It was not uncommon for SS members to spread the tidings of their latest child that way.

Best regards
Torsten

muffinlambchop

Sigurd Peiper-birth announcement

Post by muffinlambchop » 27 Apr 2009, 22:36

O.k., wow! thank you for the information. I knew it looked more like an announcement/brag than official documentation.
'Das Schwarze Korps' ? amazing.
Thanks so much!

muffinlambchop

Post by muffinlambchop » 06 May 2009, 22:24

Anybody find (rare) pics of Sigurd? I've searched and searched to no avail...all I've found is page 178 of Nuts!The Battle of the Bugle, a photo of Sigurd and Sepp Deitrich's wife Ursula returning to the courtroom during the Malmedy trial.
Link: http://books.google.com/books?id=9cgala ... iper+wives
I'll keep checking back. Thank you all so much!

Return to “Women in the Reich”