Geli Raubal room

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Dolf van Stijgeren

Geli Raubal room

Post by Dolf van Stijgeren » 21 Feb 2012, 00:13

According to Guido Knopp, there was at the Berghof also a "Geli Raubal room".
After she died, her room at the Berghof was kept as she had left it (Shirer, William L. The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.)
Does any one know more details and which room it was?

waldzee
Banned

Re: Geli Raubal room

Post by waldzee » 21 Feb 2012, 07:20

The Family Nursery??
(AKA a niece place to raid Angela's cradle... :lol: )
Last edited by waldzee on 21 Feb 2012, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 21 Feb 2012, 14:23

The room in Hitler's Munich apartment on Prinzregentenplatz, where Geli allegedly committed sucide, was preserved like that. This must be the room they were thinking of, Dolf. For one thing, Geli died before the Berghof was built, so she could not have had a room there. She did, of course, stay in Haus Wachenfeld, but the upper rooms were mofified when the Berghof was built, and were used by the secretaries (I believe Christa Schroeder had a room in that area).

Geoff

Helge

Post by Helge » 21 Feb 2012, 14:50

The sleeping room of Geli Raubal. In this room she commited suïcide
Copyright Maik Kopleck (PastFinder Ltd.)

http://hitlerpages.com/pagina16.html
Attachments
wp3905d16c_00.jpg
wp3905d16c_00.jpg (356.99 KiB) Viewed 2666 times
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 21 Feb 2012, 20:34

Is this the small room near Hitlers bedroom?
So this is not Gelis room. This is something Munich Police tell the people, Gelis room is on the other side of the flat, in the corner, with the window to the Prinzregentenplatz, not to backyrad with its trees.

Dolf van Stijgeren

Post by Dolf van Stijgeren » 21 Feb 2012, 20:51

I referred to the "Geli Raubal room" in the Berghof...

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 22 Feb 2012, 09:40

I was talking of Helges posting.

PavelH

Post by PavelH » 23 Feb 2012, 16:17

Hi there,
Dolf van Stijgeren`s may be right,that some room like this was in the Wachenfeld too ,coz this thread remind me movie "Hitler: The Rise of Evil" -Christian Duguay 2003 ,where Eva Braun entered some closed doors in Wachenfeld. I`m not sure about it now, I must check it out.

Dolf van Stijgeren

Post by Dolf van Stijgeren » 23 Feb 2012, 17:52

I understand, but then we move into new territory.
My thread is about the Berghof or - if you like - Haus Wachenfeld.
Oberhessin wrote:I was talking of Helges posting.

Dolf van Stijgeren

Post by Dolf van Stijgeren » 25 Feb 2012, 19:13

Good points, Geoff.
It was - of course - Haus Wachenfeld that was re-named in 35-36, The Berghof. But according to Guido Knopp there was in Haus Wachenfeld a "Geli Raubal room". He says in his book "Hitler's Women" (http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Women-Gui ... 0415947308) that it was 'recently discovered'. The book is from 2001.
Geoff Walden wrote:The room in Hitler's Munich apartment on Prinzregentenplatz, where Geli allegedly committed sucide, was preserved like that. This must be the room they were thinking of, Dolf. For one thing, Geli died before the Berghof was built, so she could not have had a room there. She did, of course, stay in Haus Wachenfeld, but the upper rooms were mofified when the Berghof was built, and were used by the secretaries (I believe Christa Schroeder had a room in that area).

Geoff

Alpenfestung

Post by Alpenfestung » 01 Mar 2012, 19:41

Dolf van Stijgeren wrote:Good points, Geoff.
It was - of course - Haus Wachenfeld that was re-named in 35-36, The Berghof. But according to Guido Knopp there was in Haus Wachenfeld a "Geli Raubal room". He says in his book "Hitler's Women" (http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Women-Gui ... 0415947308) that it was 'recently discovered'. The book is from 2001.

Dolf,

I found another source for the existence of a "Geli Raubal" room at Haus Wachenfeld - Herbert Doehring, who was the "Hausverwalter" at the Berghof from 1935 to 1943, talks about the room in an interview on the DVD "Der Berghof - Hitler ganz privat" (German language, published by "Zeireisen Verlag" http://www.zeitreisen-verlag.de). He says Geli had her own room at Haus Wachenfeld, and Hitler locked himself into the room for a week after Geli's suicide (since 1931 was before Doering's time on the Obersalzberg, I assume he heard the story from other members of the household staff). According to Herr Doehring, the room had to be left in its original configuration after the remodel, and it was later used to store gifts.

Peter
"Change is easy.....improvement is far more difficult"
(Ferdinand Porsche)

Dolf van Stijgeren

Post by Dolf van Stijgeren » 02 Mar 2012, 19:35

Interesting! So, the 1 Million question is: which room?

Geli

Post by Geli » 28 Mar 2012, 05:42

PavelH wrote:Hi there,
Dolf van Stijgeren`s may be right,that some room like this was in the Wachenfeld too ,coz this thread remind me movie "Hitler: The Rise of Evil" -Christian Duguay 2003 ,where Eva Braun entered some closed doors in Wachenfeld. I`m not sure about it now, I must check it out.
That film is fictional and shouldn't be used for research. I remember some scenes in the Prinzregentenplatz apartment, and the film made the apartment look much, much bigger than it really is.

Geli

Post by Geli » 28 Mar 2012, 05:43

Oberhessin wrote:Is this the small room near Hitlers bedroom?
So this is not Gelis room. This is something Munich Police tell the people, Gelis room is on the other side of the flat, in the corner, with the window to the Prinzregentenplatz, not to backyrad with its trees.
How do you know?

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 28 Mar 2012, 12:28

Oberhessin wrote:Is this the small room near Hitlers bedroom?
I'm interested in this statement. What is the source please?
Max.

Return to “Women in the Reich”