Irene Rosenberg Daughter of Alfred Rosenberg

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
ladycplum

Re: Irene Rosenberg Daughter of Alfred Rosenberg

Post by ladycplum » 19 Jul 2013, 07:36

trespasser07 wrote:Sounds very interesting! Because Rosenberg and Streicher were writers I think some people question their sentence at Nuremberg as being too harsh, as a lot of people thought they talked a lot of nonsense. How does Cecil's book hold up to some of the other large biographies on the other third reich bigwigs?

Interesting as ever JD :)

Regards
I think Rosenberg was hung more on the strength of being Reich Commissar for the Eastern Occupied Territories (The Baltic States and parts of Poland and Belorussia) than his philosophies.
"The more I see, the more I know. The more I know, the less I understand"-Paul Weller

Helge

Post by Helge » 27 Jul 2013, 14:17

Interesting is that Irene was passionate about horses, especially horses for the "Dressage". In Hannover bought(Between the year 1952 and the year 1955) by Felix Bürkner a horse named "Zigeunerbaron" and his coach was Franz Ackerl (he is also a writer on the subject of Dressage). is a small track but I am continuing my research .....

Photo 1: Felix Bürkner on Zigeunerbaron http://www.artisticdressage.com/burkner-photos.html

Photo 2:Franz Ackerl http://www.ebay.de/itm/SAMMLERSTUCK-ANT ... 0695943408

Photo 3: Book Franz Ackerl http://www.booklooker.de/B%FCcher/Acker ... l4cD601ZZa
Attachments
burkner-zigeunerbaron.jpg
burkner-zigeunerbaron.jpg (70.3 KiB) Viewed 9271 times
Franz Ackerl.jpg
Franz Ackerl.jpg (43.59 KiB) Viewed 9271 times
MTQ4OTE=.jpg
MTQ4OTE=.jpg (20.6 KiB) Viewed 9271 times
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

39Emilie39

Post by 39Emilie39 » 09 Dec 2013, 21:01

Hi! Can anyone re-post the photos from R. Cecil's book, please? I couldn't find them, and I'm really interested :) Thanks :)

Cory C

Post by Cory C » 17 Jan 2014, 17:01

Thought I'd update this thread with a few tidbits of information about Irene, some of which may be old hat:

1) According to Der Spiegel, Ms. Rosenberg had trouble finding/keeping gainful employment in her early adulthood due to her father's legacy. The only company that seemed to give her a sporting chance was an American one (doesn't say which), but the subsidiary where she worked for said company closed in the early 1950's. She was/is multilingual (again, no indication of what languages she spoke).

Source: "Irene Rosenberg", Der Spiegel - Dec. 16 1953, http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-25658145.html

2) According to The Miami News in 1961, Irene--then 31 (article incorrectly reports her age as 30)--was courted by the son of a floorboard manufacturer for about 3 years. Irene claims the chance of marriage fell through because, according to her, "Who would marry a Rosenberg?"

Source: "They're Wrong About Dad", The Miami News - Sept. 8 1961, http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2 ... 30,3456505

Can't find anything after that; but at the time she was living in the Munich area.

On a personal note, I hope she found happiness. Such a terrible thing when children suffer ostracization for the actions of their parent(s).

~C

Helge

Post by Helge » 04 Jul 2015, 23:17

Irene Rosenberg and his mother Hedwig Kramer arrested in 1945.
Attachments
35926-hi.jpg

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 04 Jul 2015, 23:37

Good find Helge...definitely Irene, as she looks very much like the woman pictured previous page and the girl in Cecil's book. I must however state that the first photo beginning the thread is wrong. That girl looks nothing like the women in the other photos. She has glasses and a double chin (she looks more like a Seyss-Inquart daughter).
British Pathe newsreel is correct but the sequence of persons or the identification of woman is wrong as the film shows Irene (skinny, tall, with long pants) following the other woman into the jail. Elmar Streicher is shown as well as Emmy Goering. Film link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4P7OmdmiYk

Helge

Post by Helge » 04 Jul 2015, 23:52

Duncan also I suspected. Irene is a pretty girl: the same as the small photo on the previous page. Now dear Duncan everything is more accurate. For the first time we Hedwig Kramer after the end of the war. British Pathé is not certain Axis History! :thumbsup:

Eschenbach

Post by Eschenbach » 19 Oct 2015, 05:28

Wow, keep up the work guys - I never seen these photos before! 8O

From what I understand, it appears that the photo Helge posted directly above is definitely her. While I was reading Rosenberg's Nuremberg memoirs, I found him exactly describing the above picture (look at the bold text):
My daughter Irene, who had been looking forward to a small birthday party on March 22, had to spend the day in the midst of dust and rubble; she was quietly resigned. She sat in her cellar room in front of her small typewriter. What she wrote I don't know, but it was probably about life in Berlin, what she saw of destruction, and what she heard about death in the heart of the city.

Her young imagination had for a long time brought forth surprisingly good poems with impressive imagery and a rhythm all their own. Her fairy tales and short stories betrayed a talent that we intended to let ripen without interference. Then she went across the street to visit her girl friends. I still see her before me because I have made an effort to keep her picture in my memory: tall, young, with blond hair falling down over her shoulders, dressed in long slacks and a grey fur coat, carrying a handbag with long straps.
- Rosenberg, Memoirs, Pg. 180
I have several Argentinian relatives who alleged that sometime in the late 50's or 60's, Irene apparently moved with her new husband to some German-oriented community South of Buenos Aries and became publicly known there. I have serious doubts regarding this claim since they weren't able to provide any further details. My best guess is that she probably stayed in Munich after the war and is now either dead or in a nursing home (she would have turned 85 last March.) I also read somewhere on the internet long ago that she apparently published some of her creative writing/poetry under another name (for obvious reasons) but I doubt that as well.

What do you all think?

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 19 Oct 2015, 13:37

I think its what the Brits call......(spot on).

Helge

Post by Helge » 20 Oct 2015, 08:29

Adolf Hitler congratulates Alfred Rosenberg on his birthday, 1938.

Adolf Hitler arrives in the afternoon in the home of Alfred Rosenberg (right) in the Rheinhaben-Allee to congratulate him on his 45th birthday. Left the adjutant Wilhelm Brueckner and Julius Schaub. 2nd from left the seven year old daughter of Rosenberg, Irene.
Attachments
adolf-hitler-congratulates-alfred-rosenberg-on-his-birthday-1938-CPM4BB.jpg

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 20 Oct 2015, 21:53

Good find...this is the photo within Robert Cecil's biography ("The Myth of the Master Race: Alfred Rosenberg and Nazi Ideology") only it's cropped so only Hitler, Irene, and Rosenberg are shown.

Eschenbach

Post by Eschenbach » 25 Dec 2015, 08:35

Here is an interesting photo of his parents and grandparent's tombstones within Tallinn's Oleviste koguduse kalmistu. From what I understand his grandfather(Martin Rosenberg) owned a house or some type of business where the Sõprus Movie Theatre currently stands.

According to Wikipedia, the Kopli Kalmistu cemetery where Rosenberg's relatives are buried in used to be Estonia's largest Lutheran German cemetery.
The entire cemetery "was completely flattened and destroyed" by the Soviets as a war reprisal and is "now a public park."

This photo supposedly is of Alfred's father, Woldemar. Could one of the kids be young Alfred?

Nürnberger Jungfrau

Post by Nürnberger Jungfrau » 01 Aug 2016, 14:52

Here's a photo of the real Irene Rosenberg visiting her father in a jail. The first one posted in this theme depicts Seyss-Inquart daughter indeed.
We can see that the young girl on this photo fits Rosenberg's description, which he mentioned in his memoirs, and also her clothes are the same as on the photo with Hedwig Rosenberg.

Another very interesting question for me is why did Irene visit Rosenberg alone? Where was Rosenberg's wife at that moment? We should take into account that this video was taken on the last possible visiting day, and it's kinda oddly that she is absent. Any ideas?
Attachments
Irene.jpg
Irene.jpg (72.67 KiB) Viewed 7596 times

Rollin

Post by Rollin » 02 Aug 2016, 22:47

hello everyone , i wonder if Irene is still alive , i've searched everywhere , but in vain :( , and what about her mother Hedwig Kramer ? any informations ?

Fides Germania

Post by Fides Germania » 21 Apr 2019, 08:29

What sort of sick legal system imprisons the wife's and older children, and takes away the younger children to be raised by others, of men who are only up on charges without bail. The day will come when the lies will under there own weight come crashing down.

Return to “Women in the Reich”