Hilda Leesmann: the first wife of Rosenberg

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Helge

Hilda Leesmann: the first wife of Rosenberg

Post by Helge » 20 Jul 2012, 19:05

I have very little news about this woman. Her full name is: Hilda Elfriede Leesmann.
Born on 16 December 1891, died in France in 1923 Nièvre compartment. Was Estonia's ballet teacher and pianist. In 1915 married Alfred Rosenberg. I always read that Alfred Rosenberg Hilda Elfriede Leesmann divorced in 1923. It seems that the date of the divorce from Alfred Rosenberg and the date of death is equal. In the 'year 1920 resided in Switzerland. They are fragmentary information. Who has more news?
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Helge

Re: Hilda Leesmann: the first wife of Rosenberg

Post by Helge » 20 Jul 2012, 19:48

I found this information in an old album of remembrance of former teachers and former students.

Album Elisen-Schule und der Howenschen
Reval 1930
Estaländische Druckerei Aktlen Gesellschaft.

Leesmann Hilda Elfriede; Schw. 543, 609; * 16./28. Dez. 91 s. В.; Elt. s. No. 543, HSL. Unt., Hw. S. 22. Aug. 01 (B)-Oct. 08 (VI); Hsl.Ex. März 10 i. Pbg.; The Pensionat. Genf (französ. Spr.), The Gymn.-Kurse. Paris, 10. März 15 vh. Alfred Rosenberg, gsch .. 25; f 1. Febr. 28 i. Nièvre (Frankreich).

There are many abbreviations in German. someone can decipher the abbreviations?

Thanks. Helge

Helge

Post by Helge » 20 Jul 2012, 19:59

Document
Attachments
album.jpg
Leesmann.jpg

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 20 Jul 2012, 21:08

I wish I could be of more help to you as I would like to know more about this woman as well. Alas, I am in the dark as you are. I am interested in Rosenberg from a biographical standpoint and as an ideological source of Nazism. I am one of few people who muddled through the whole of "Mythus"...parts one and three are readable (part three more than part one) although rather silly but part two is exactly what Hitler called "stuff nobody can understand". Part two sucked! He spends a lot of time discussing the art work of the middle ages from a pseudo-philosophical standpoint and continuously leaves one scratching his head as to why anybody would have taken him seriously as a deep thinker! He was a strange man with kooky ideas but is an interesting figure. Are there any photos available on the net showing Rosenberg in a less than official capacity? What of Helge? Not much known about her either. Thanks for all your interesting contributions to this Forum! I always look forward to what you manage to dig up. Sincerely, John Duncan.

Helge

Post by Helge » 21 Jul 2012, 10:32

Thanks Duncan. Rosenberg was indeed a very special person. We know very little about him but a first step we did: studying in Tallinn with the woman who will be his wife and sisters of his future wife. It will be interesting to find out what happens between Alfred and Hilda to understand more subsequent events. I start research, but now it seems to me that the few things reported by Metapedia (about Hilda) are not reliable.

The novelty is that Hilda has two sisters:
1) Leesmann Elisabeth Alide
2) Leesmann Frieda Josephine

Not resided in Estonia and other Baltic countries, but in Finland in the city of Porkkala. Lived in Battery Street, 12
(For Porkkala http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porkkala).

The school was in Reval (the old name of the city of Tallinn) and was directed by Baronesse Mathilde Buxhoeveden

Helge

Post by Helge » 21 Jul 2012, 11:27

Dear Duncan,

I have the 'impression that Alfred has not divorced his first wife because she died of tuberculosis in Switzerland in 1923. He, in his letter does not use the term "DIVORCE" as commonly understood. The sense seems different: it is the disease that has separated them. Rosenberg, who divorced when she dies of tuberculosis is not (to me) a correct information.

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 21 Jul 2012, 13:48

Helge
Looking at the book "The Memoirs of Alfred Rosenberg" (Ziff-Davis, 1949) he says on page 71:

"In the meantime my wife had returned from Switzerland and was looking for a cure in Germany. We had agreed to separate. She said that at first she might have been able to help me a little, but now I had found my way. She was sick, she said, and would probably have to rely on other people for the rest of her life. The divorce was granted in the spring of 1923. Later she joined her parents in Reval, went to France in a last attempt to find a cure, and died."

He uses the word "divorce" but I'm reading from an English translation and not a German original. These memoirs were "managed" by those who edited it (they are not complete). Further, in between Rosenberg's commentary are snippets of typical post-war anti-NS bias. After Rosenberg makes the above statement, the "editors" comment:

"In other words, the first Mrs. Rosenberg, who had hoped to imbue the German Balt with an all-embracing European culture, had at last given up."

Negative and spurious comments such as this are interspersed through out the book. They are a drag to say the least. One can only wonder what they excised from the book as a whole.

I will have to dig into the book "The Myth of the Master Race: Alfred Rosenberg and Nazi Ideology" by Robert Cecil to find clues. I'll let you know if I discover anything of relevance. Metapedia and Wikipedia pages are often innacurate as I've been informed time and time again by members of this Forum.

Helge

Post by Helge » 21 Jul 2012, 14:26

Dear Duncan,

Have you read this letter written by Alfred Rosenberg? http://dkarpeles.com/world-war-ii/alfred-rosenberg/

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 21 Jul 2012, 16:30

Interesting but he says the same things he says in his memoirs. Looking in Cecil's book, he says that Rosenberg divorced Hilda in July of 1923. He says Rosenberg went to the magistrate as the "guilty party" in the proceedings and was granted a divorce. His source appears to be a judicial magistrate's documentation center in Munich followed by a number. I can be more specific if you need it. I did not write down his exact source but only glanced at his notes in the back of the book.

I discovered that his rumored relations with Steffi Bernard (a Jewess, daughter of a liberal newspaper owner) were mostly fabrications and slander either originated or promoted by his arch-enemy Ernst Hanfstaengl (as were his supposed orgies with men and women at his "grubby Munich flat" - from Hanfstaengl "Hitler: The Missing Years").

More genuine were his love letters to Lisette Kohrausch, a mistress (another Jewess) who he helped get out of a KL. This information Cecil got from Rudolf Diel's book "Lucifer Ante Portas". This embarassing episode made him somewhat dependent on Göring for protection, which was later to have fateful consequences.

Helge

Post by Helge » 21 Jul 2012, 17:13

Thanks Duncan. It 's all very interesting what you wrote and the argument becomes clearer. Collaborate with you enriched me culturally.

Helge

Wilhelm Woldemar Rosenberg (July 6, 1862, Tallinn - 6 Oct. In 1904, Tallinn) sons Alfred and Eugen Voldemar Martin (Alfred was the youngest child)
Photo source: Newspaper: Esmaspäev "(Nr.26), 26. June 1933.
Attachments
alfred rosenberg eestist.jpg
alfred rosenberg eestist.jpg (187.44 KiB) Viewed 9758 times

Helge

Post by Helge » 21 Jul 2012, 19:48

Alfred Rosenberg, the day of graduation in engineering from the Polytechnic.

Attachments
alfred rosenberg eestist.Esmaspäev 26. juuni 1933.jpg
alfred rosenberg eestist.Esmaspäev 26. juuni 1933.jpg (113.41 KiB) Viewed 9738 times

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 22 Jul 2012, 00:01

Thanks Helge - great photo of the student Rosenberg! Maybe we can also find out more about these supposed mistresses of his. I will get the exact source from Cecil from his notes on the date of AR's divorce from Hilde.

Helge

Post by Helge » 22 Jul 2012, 06:54

J. Duncan wrote: I will get the exact source from Cecil from his notes on the date of AR's divorce from Hilde.
Great Duncan! This research is yielding good results.

Now I shift my attention on Edith von Schrenck (1891-1971). It 's an important figure in the life of Rosenberg. She 'that connects Rosenberg and Dietrich Eckart. Edith von Schrenk is a friend of Hilda Elfriede Leesmann .

Photo Edith von Schrenck : http://www.sk-kultur.de/tanz/schrenck.html
Attachments
030.jpg
030.jpg (35.55 KiB) Viewed 9706 times
078.jpg
078.jpg (29.77 KiB) Viewed 9706 times
023.jpg
023.jpg (30.11 KiB) Viewed 9706 times

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

deutschbaltisches Korps Rubonia (Riga-München)

Post by Dieter Zinke » 22 Jul 2012, 09:24

Helge wrote:Alfred Rosenberg, the day of graduation in engineering from the Polytechnic.

A very informative link to Rosenberg's student*s fraternity is here
http://www.nadir.org/nadir/periodika/an ... a_1918.htm

------------------
Rosenberg's Reception (date when he entered the Rubonia in Riga): 02.03.1911

colours: Farben des Burschenbandes hellblau-weiß-schwarz
headgear: hellblaue Mützen

source: http://www.frankfurter-verbindungen.de/ ... lfred.html

Dieter Z.

Helge

Re: deutschbaltisches Korps Rubonia (Riga-München)

Post by Helge » 22 Jul 2012, 09:38

Dieter Zinke wrote:
Helge wrote:Alfred Rosenberg, the day of graduation in engineering from the Polytechnic.

A very informative link to Rosenberg's student*s fraternity is here
http://www.nadir.org/nadir/periodika/an ... a_1918.htm

------------------
Rosenberg's Reception (date when he entered the Rubonia in Riga): 02.03.1911

colours: Farben des Burschenbandes hellblau-weiß-schwarz
headgear: hellblaue Mützen

source: http://www.frankfurter-verbindungen.de/ ... lfred.html

Dieter Z.
Thanks Dieter useful information. Thanks for the links.

Helge

Return to “Women in the Reich”