was Braun the lover of Hitler's photographer Heinrich Hoffm?

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
zj_apl

was Braun the lover of Hitler's photographer Heinrich Hoffm?

Post by zj_apl » 01 May 2003, 18:47

They had been lovers before Braun met Hitler ?

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 01 May 2003, 19:20

NEVER.

In 1929 Eva joined to the Hoffman´s study in Schellingstrasse in Munich like Assistant (making work of office, photograph, bookkeeping, etc) several months later she knew about "Herr Wolf". Geli knew Eva in February 1931.

Best,

Blitzkreig

Post by Blitzkreig » 02 May 2003, 01:35

Yes, correct helly angel. Im currently reading hitler's biography and in it, it details about eve brauns first meeting with hitler and how she longed to be married with him and form a secure loving reltionship. She did stay with the hoffmans for a bt, but never did anything happen sexually between them, for she was marked as the furhers (sp?), and consequtionly if anything did happen to ehr or anyone did do anything to her...the SS would have been on te purpetrators like a rat is to cheese :lol: however....im not sure if many know this or not...she did attempt suicide many times because she was afraid hitler dind't like her enough....odd isnt it?
Brian

zj_apl

Post by zj_apl » 02 May 2003, 05:43

Yes, according to most people thought Braun was loyally belonged to A.H.
but when I read the book Nuremberg : Infamy on Trial -- by Joseph E. Persico, it said Hoffman boasted himself to American officers that he had the affection with Braun before she met A.H.

THAT SOUND WEIRD...............

varjag

Post by varjag » 02 May 2003, 13:56

The question is simple. Was Eva Braun a virgin when she met Hitler? Did Hitler or Hoffman or anyone else, deflorate her? Hoffman - was a lady's man,no doubt - but once he spotted Hitlers 'interest' in Eva he would have wisely stayed away - to protect his own business, which was largely dependent on Hitlers patronage. Eva's 'first man' - oh the secrets of women, that's one she took with her to that pit outside the emergency exit to the Führerbunker - and I admire her for it. As I've said before on this forum - Eva Braun was much more than the 'dumb blonde' that history gives her credit for.

wenty

Post by wenty » 03 May 2003, 12:29

Well, i'm not sure about Eva Braun and Heinrich Hoffmann, but i have read, and heard, a lot of things about Eva Braun having a relationship with Hermann Fegelein near the end of the war. What do you think about this? Cheers. :? :)

Lord Gort

Post by Lord Gort » 03 May 2003, 23:22

Didnt SS Gruppen Fuhrer (is that right?) Fegelein get picked up by the Gestapo in Charlottenburg during the final days because he was preparing to leave, and wasnt he married to Evas sister?

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 04 May 2003, 00:13

I believe a recent documentary film mentioned that Eva's father was a friend of Heinrich Hoffmann. (I don't remember the name of the film. It may have been a Biography of Eva Braun on the American History Channel or Arts and Entertainment network.)

Perhaps this relationship with the father could have presented an obstacle to the "ladies man" Hoffmann - or at least given him pause to attempt anything with Eva even before Hitler became involved with her.

wenty

Post by wenty » 04 May 2003, 03:51

Lord Gort wrote:Didnt SS Gruppen Fuhrer (is that right?) Fegelein get picked up by the Gestapo in Charlottenburg during the final days because he was preparing to leave, and wasnt he married to Evas sister?
Yes, he tried to fly out of Berlin on April 25, and begged Eva to come with him according to "The Last Days Of Hitler", By Anton Joachimsthaler, 2001. He was captured by Hogl's men in his Berlin Apartment with another woman, taken back to the Chancellery, and was shot about April 28 i believe. :? Cheers. :?

Return to “Women in the Reich”