POW Women Camps

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
IlonaG

Re: POW Women Camps

Post by IlonaG » 01 Jan 2023, 07:36

Hi again,
I know it's been some time since I posted, but a lot happened the last 2 years (Covid, a move to another State, my mother-in-law passing away etc).
Now I'm starting this New Year by once again researching my family's WWII History.
But first, I highly doubt my Grandmother was a guard. Secondly her first born son was with the SS as I now am in possession of a photo of him in his uniform. I know he was beheaded at Pankrác Prison in Prague.
I also now have her Prison release form. But nowhere does it mention a Prison name, that I can tell. Maybe one of you extremely learned people can help me. I will try and attach it.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221231_233957_Gallery.jpg
Ilona

axis_alex

Post by axis_alex » 16 Jan 2023, 19:49

Brüx (now known as Most) is in the Czech Republic and had a Gestapo prison during the war. I can't read the rest of the document (my German is horrible), but I knew that Brüx had to be some kind of place name (Brussels is called Bruxelles in French).

IlonaG

Post by IlonaG » 09 Feb 2023, 20:44

Thanks, I don't believe she was in Brussels but I do know that Brüx was definitely in Czech Republic.
Ilona

Return to “Women in the Reich”