BDM School Cooking Class

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

BDM School Cooking Class

Post by Maxschnauzer » 31 Jul 2016 00:17

A very nice photo of the BDM School Glauschnitz, Königsbrück, 1934 Cooking Class:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Max

AtmaAiu

Re: BDM School Cooking Class

Post by AtmaAiu » 20 Jun 2019 10:04

A very nice photo indeed.)

lancemoley

Post by lancemoley » 16 Jan 2020 09:18

Great photo! Do you know where I can look for more pictures of that history period schools? I'd like to add some to my college presentation...

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 16 Jan 2020 18:47

Try an image (google) search for “BDM-Haushaltungsschulen” and see what comes up.

Waleed

Mannheim

Post by Mannheim » 16 Jan 2020 21:52

For what it's worth, my recently-deceased mother-in-law attended a Haushaltungsschule in Wuppertal (from 1936 on I think). She said that amongst other things the girls were taught how to hang washing out. If, or example, a towel or sheet were hung on the line, the teacher would check that the two edges of the object on either side of the line were perfectly parallel. If they weren't, the washing was torn down and the unfortunate girl/girls had to re-hang it. I suspect this would have been a feature of German schooling in general, rather than necessarily a BDM one.

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 16 Jan 2020 23:00

Mannheim wrote:
16 Jan 2020 21:52
For what it's worth, my recently-deceased mother-in-law attended a Haushaltungsschule in Wuppertal (from 1936 on I think). She said that amongst other things the girls were taught how to hang washing out. If, or example, a towel or sheet were hung on the line, the teacher would check that the two edges of the object on either side of the line were perfectly parallel. If they weren't, the washing was torn down and the unfortunate girl/girls had to re-hang it. I suspect this would have been a feature of German schooling in general, rather than necessarily a BDM one.
I tend to agree. That's how my Grandma Freida ran her household, and her family emigrated before the First World War.
Cheers,
Max

Return to “Women in the Reich”