Gabriele von Oppenheimer

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
DavidFrankenberg

Gabriele von Oppenheimer

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 27 Jun 2021, 19:15

hi,

She was from a jewish family. Born Tedesco, jewish family from Vienna. She was married with Felix von Oppenheimer https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Oppenheimer
She met Elsa Bruckmann in 1893. She was also friend of Houston Stewart Chamberlain. Elsa B was the wife of Hugo B, the famous editor. Stewart Chamberlain was the famous antijewish author. In 1921 1922 the Bruckmann came in the Oppenheimer villa in the Alps.
Elsa and his husband were famous Hitler's friends and supporter from his beginning.
In may june 1942 Elsa B intervened in the favor of Gabriele, nicknamed "Yella", in order not to get her and her grandson Hermann deported. She succeeded in getting them into a surviving residence till the end of the war : the castle of Wartenburg in Austria.

From Thomas Weber last book, Becoming Hitler.

Anyone know more about the fate of the Tedesco family and Gabriele ?

DavidFrankenberg

Re: Gabriele von Oppenheimer

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 28 Jun 2021, 20:02

My apologizes, i forgot to add :

Gabriele was very old at the time of the war. After being transfered from Theresienstadt to the Wartenburg Castle in mid 1942, Gabriele died during the year of 1943.

I dont have any info about her surviving grandson Hermann.

Return to “Women in the Reich”