Women In the Waffen SS ?

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 09 Mar 2004 21:19

What were duties of
"Waffen-SS Inspectorate Office for Female SS Members" (Königsbrück, Dresden)?

Was it responsible for SS-Helferinnen or SS-Aufseherinnen or both?

Source: Forgotten Legions, p. 203

Regaeds,
Klemen

waffen

women ss

Post by waffen » 12 Mar 2004 03:39

:( not much written about this subject thanks for links and your views. 8)

PanzerVI

Post by PanzerVI » 12 Mar 2004 14:03

As a matter of fact there are books on this subject of the Helferinnen (both of SS and Wehrmacht) but are very hard to find.Most are about the SS-Aufseherinnen in the KZL's.
I'll keep searching about the SS-Helferinnen :)

Bogdan

Petillon

Post by Petillon » 19 Apr 2004 13:02

In Himmler's Posen speech before his top SS leaders (4 October 1943) mentions the following on this topic:

"SS Helferinnen <female auxiliaries>

There is another point I want to mention here. We have already thinned our ranks very seriously. Where we can still spare a man, we want him out. After long hesitation, I have agreed that SS Obergruppenfuehrer Sachs, who came to me with this plan, should create a school for SS Helferinnen in Oberehnheim. I must say that this newest SS institution of the SS is also making very good progress so far. I have set myself the task in this respect of creating a form which was neither an institution for clerks, nor one for merry-making. The German people, with all its values, must after all succeed in calling into being an institution similar to the Finnish Lottas. We must attempt to achieve -- through a selection of these girls, so that truly the most valuable will come to us, as well as through an awakening of their feeling of honour -- that which cannot be achieved through compulsion, not through curfews, punishments, and all other kinds of compulsion.

In this connection, gentlemen Obergruppenfuehrer and Gruppenfuehrer, it is your job, each of you, to make an effort to send us every valuable young girl of your acquaintance or from among your blood relatives, just as we used to recruit men for the Waffen SS and Junkers for the Leader career. Our comrade and friend Waldeck has behaved ideally in this regard, and has sent us his daughter. He is now going to send us his second daughter. The Upper Section which has helped the most in this new area has been Hoffmann's Upper Section Southwest. This will help us achieve one thing: every girl that we can use, will replace one man. A bit of nonsense occurred in one office, since soldiers and SS Men are, after all, very stubborn. There, the commander said: "I'll let these girls train SS Men as communications assistants in the communications service, then I'll send the girls away; I don't want girls in my unit". That is, of course, not really the purpose of the institution; rather, the purpose is the other way around, to use the girls to replace the men. But I think that generally that will all be straightened out. I am now asking you to treat these girls with all your chivalry, all your sense of justice, all your concern; take care that this institution remains sacred; act with all the nobility which, in other respects, really exists in our ranks. I don't want any jokes here; these are our daughters; they're the sisters of SS Men, and are intended to be the brides of younger SS Men and Leaders.

When I met these girls, I said that when a man wants to marry one of them and he finds out she was an SS Helferin, he mustn't say: "No, for God's sake, it's out of the question". Rather, when a man wants to marry one of them and he finds out she was an SS Helferin, he must say, "Yes, I can marry her, she's all right". That's how it must be. That is how the girls must behave; that is how you commanders must look out for them, and enforce this attitude with regards to your subordinates."

http://www.codoh.com/incon/inconhh.html

Skadi

Post by Skadi » 04 May 2004 09:42

Helvik wrote:

I am curious, what is the source for "dragged & screaming to the gallows"? In Albert Pierrepoint's "Executioner" he recounts the hanging of Irma Grese as follows:
... 'Are you ready, Pierrepoint?' I answered 'Yes sir. 'Gentlemen, follow me,' he said, and the procession started.

We climbed the stairs to the cells where the condemned were waiting. A German officer at the door leading to the corridor flung open the door and we filed past the row of faces and into the execution chamber. The officers stood at attention. Brigadier Paton-Walsh stood with his wrist-watch raised. He gave me the signal, and a sigh of released breath was audible in the chamber, I walked into the corridor. 'Irma Grese,' I called.

The German guards quickly closed all grills on twelve of the inspection holes and opened one door. Irma Grese stepped out. The cell was far too small for me to go inside, and I had to pinion her in the corridor. 'Follow me,' I said in English, and O'Neil repeated the order in German. She walked into the execution chamber, gazed for a moment at the officials standing round it, then walked on to the centre of the trap, where I had made a chalk mark. She stood on this mark very firmly, and as I placed the white cap over her hand she said in her languid voice 'Schnell'. The drop crashed down, and the doctor followed me into the pit and pronounced her dead. After twenty minutes the body was taken down and placed in a coffin ready for burial.

Yes that is a very valid point. I got my info from an old Third Reich magazine. (it was obviously fabricated, but for what cause?..). I found some sites that have the same account above from Pierrepoint's book. It is also interesting to read how accounts of Irma Grese's 'so called' brutality is varied....terribly sadistic to not that bad.. :)

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 09 May 2004 06:08

Petillon,

A very good quote, and quite appropriate here.

Thanks for posting it!

ancasta

Post by ancasta » 09 May 2004 22:04

Yes, very interesting read. :idea: There's a book on e-bay at the moment about Helferinnen: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... W&tc=photo
Its in German though, but packed with plenty of photos. I have a copy.

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 11 May 2004 02:20

Yes, Seidler's book is perhaps the classic on Helferinnen. Unfortunately, there's nothing in it about about SS-Helferinnen, if I remember correctly.

The Skunk
Banned

Post by The Skunk » 27 Oct 2004 20:08

Skadi wrote:
Helvik wrote:

I am curious, what is the source for "dragged & screaming to the gallows"? In Albert Pierrepoint's "Executioner" he recounts the hanging of Irma Grese as follows:

[Link you posted under the title "Here is the truth about Irma Grese" deleted as Holocaust denial website linkage is not permitted here / Mike Miller / Moderator]]

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 27 Oct 2004 20:24

The Skunk wrote:
Skadi wrote:
Helvik wrote:

[Link you posted under the title "Here is the truth about Irma Grese" deleted as Holocaust denial website linkage is not permitted here / Mike Miller / Moderator]]

One does not it know if being laughed or to be depressed of the sadness with a website as the indicated.

What lacks to this place is the sound of a wolf howling, that lacks of seriousness and respect.

Not only the photo mounted but the quantity of data falsified. Since You this new one here please read the rules: this prohibited the revisionism and the negation of the Holocaust.

Truly I tell him with the heart in the hand, if a person opens a serious theme on some topic especially they put not trash as this, one must have respect to the forist that does an effort to do a serious theme and of interest and put things like these.

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 27 Oct 2004 20:26

Thank you Mike!

The Skunk
Banned

Post by The Skunk » 27 Oct 2004 20:33

Helvik wrote:

One does not it know if being laughed or to be depressed of the sadness with a website as the indicated.
Irma Grese was not the beast she was portrayed as. She was a young girl that worked in a camp because her family needed the money.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 27 Oct 2004 21:27

Helly~

Posts are not deleted here simply because they express an unpopular and/or uneducated opinion. They are deleted, however, when the poster continues to tell the moderating staff how to do their job-- or even worse, when they refer to a moderator as "moderator". There are no "moderators" here- those who have been granted the title and duties thereof have earned that position through positive contributions to these forums and the research community as a whole. You may disagree with how some of us perform the role, but continuing to badger a moderator who you feel has done you wrong adds no more to this forum than another poster's attempts to exonerate a convicted war criminal. In fact, I'd say your post- which I just deleted- is in some ways even worse.

Regards,
~ Mike Miller

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 27 Oct 2004 21:27

The Skunk wrote:
Irma Grese was not the beast she was portrayed as. She was a young girl that worked in a camp because her family needed the money.
If you use the search machine you will found a long thread about Irma Grese, please use it to continue that kind conversation.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 27 Oct 2004 21:31

Unfortunately, whatever "proof" "The Skunk" might have to offer would be found in that website URL I've already deleted! :lol:

By the way, we're in agreement on this, Helly. Irma Grese was, by all accounts I care to listen to, most deserving of the gallows.

Now "Skunk"- please back up your statements with documentation (preferably from a source other than the revisionist site you posted earlier).

~ Mike

Return to “Women in the Reich”