Luftwaffe Helferin uniform

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
ancasta

Luftwaffe Helferin uniform

Post by ancasta » 10 May 2004, 01:08

I'm doing ongoing research into the uniform worn by the Luftwaffe Helferinen, especially the Flakhelferinen. Does any of you experts out there, especially the photo collectors, have any interesting photos [a clear front and back view of the woman's version of the fliegerbluse]? I would like to see a colour photo too as I have never seen one - do any exist?
I'm also after a pattern for the woman's fliegerbluse and the M43 ski pants, for use for a display of a flak battery. I have the fabric sorted, I now just need an accurate pattern.
Attachments
Woman's welfare officer of the Luftwaffe2.JPG
Can anyone shed any light on this? Before I came across this I had never heard of the rank. Who would have held it and where would she have been posted for instance?
Woman's welfare officer of the Luftwaffe2.JPG (21 KiB) Viewed 3284 times

Vikki
Forum Staff

Re: Luftwaffe Helferin uniform

Post by Vikki » 17 Jul 2004, 07:47

ancasta wrote:I'm doing ongoing research into the uniform worn by the Luftwaffe Helferinen, especially the Flakhelferinen. Does any of you experts out there, especially the photo collectors, have any interesting photos [a clear front and back view of the woman's version of the fliegerbluse]? I would like to see a colour photo too as I have never seen one - do any exist?
I'm also after a pattern for the woman's fliegerbluse and the M43 ski pants, for use for a display of a flak battery. I have the fabric sorted, I now just need an accurate pattern.
Ancasta,

By the "women's fliegerbluse," are you looking for photos of the buttons-covered hip-length tunic, or the late war waist-length jacket?

The women's trousers are of course very different from men's! I'm no good at patterns, but try GMAX. They can reproduce the trousers off an original pair I loaned them, and their work is VERY good (that's why I loaned the trousers). If you supply the fabric, they'll make them from your cloth. If you want an email address, PM me.

~FV

SeppCaesar

Post by SeppCaesar » 18 Jul 2004, 02:41

might ask these people

(scroll to the buttom)

http://www.wephaus.com/products.asp?cat=31

ancasta

Post by ancasta » 28 Oct 2004, 01:44

Since posting the above photo I have learned that the cuff was worn by DRK schwestern who were assigned a barracks and had to visit it from time to time to make sure that the Helferinnen based there were OK and worked as expected. This would also explain the poppers for easy removal.

In some cases the NS Schwestern got these roles. The political arm of nursing, it was their role to check on the political leanings of the women during the helferin's usual medical check up.

Return to “Women in the Reich”