Eva Braun or Eva Hitler?

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » 05 Oct 2002, 02:27

Eva wrote:
As far as Eva, she eventually had to attempt suicide herself to get Hitler to bond with her
You went there. I was hoping this thread wouldn't go there, but now it has, so I am forced to respond and stick up for my namesake.

Eva's two failed suicides (1932 and 1935) were not contrived as a means by which to secure AH's affection. She was sincerely trying to end her own life; even her doctors said so.
I never said that she wasn't sincerely trying to kill herself, at least in 1932 with a shot that barely missed the heart. I don't recall any details about another attempt.
Geli was heated with passion or lust or anger or jealousy.
Hoffmann never says anything like that. All his adjectives about Geli are very positive, although one gets the impression of a free-spirit.
Geli may have been murdered, and he may well have suspected as much. If Geli had been murdered to keep his mind on politics, he certainly wouldn't make the mistake of being openly in love again for fear that history could repeat itself.
I can hardly see that anybody could have predicted what effect her death/murder would have had on Hitler. It is just as likely that he would have given-up on politics altogether. And there is no hint that Geli was any more of a distraction on him than any other politician with friends and family. He went shopping with her, which--like most guys--he never would have done otherwise.
:)

ing

hitler's women

Post by ing » 13 May 2006, 08:59

any of you super-keen people know anything about Hitler's alleged relationship with Berlin actress Renate Muller?

I found this :

Müller meet Adolf Hitler while making a film on location near the Danish coast. They spent a great deal of time together but the relationship became strained as a result of his strange behaviour.
After Müller left Hitler she was followed by the Gestapo. As Müller had information that could damage Hitler she became worried about her safety. She became addicted to morphine and went into a sanatorium. On 1st October 1937 Renate Müller was looking out of a window when a car pulled up outside the sanatorium and four SS officers got out. In a state of panic she jumped out of the window and was killed.

at this random website whilst doing desperate research. http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/GERrenate.htm

Thanks to anyone who can help me find out more about Muller.

---Ing

ing

Post by ing » 13 May 2006, 09:00

PS

Muller is supposed to be spelled with an Umlat.

Stupid canadian keyboards.

Winston Smith

Post by Winston Smith » 13 May 2006, 11:24

Navy Vet wrote:Any color photos of her?
Yes.

Source: Internet
Attachments
Julius Schaub & Eve Braun.jpg
Julius Schaub & Eve Braun.jpg (97.48 KiB) Viewed 6225 times
Braun and Hitler.jpg
Braun and Hitler.jpg (21.55 KiB) Viewed 6225 times
eva braun.jpg