Hess's sister - Ley's wife?

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Br. James

Re: Hess's sister - Ley's wife?

Post by Br. James » 08 May 2018, 21:33

At the beginning of this thread it is suggested that Robert Ley's (second) wife, Inga -- who committed suicide in 1942 -- might have been the sister of Rudolf Hess. Hess did have one sister, Margarete. The answer to this suggestion is provided above with the quote from Hess' son, Wolf Rüdiger Hess, in his book, "The Life and Death of My Father, Rudolf Hess," when Wolf Rüdiger states: "After being returned to the Allied Military Prison in Spandau, [Rudolf Hess] agreed to further visits. In the years that followed, members of the family visited Rudolf Hess 232 times altogether. Only the closest members of his family were allowed to meet with him: that is, his wife, his sister, his niece, his nephew, my wife and myself." Since Inga Ley died in 1942, she was not alive during the post-WWII years in order to visit Rudolf in prison.

Br. James

Helge

Post by Helge » 26 May 2018, 00:20

The research of Rudolf Hess's sister brings me to Ireland: her name (married?) was Maggie Crofton. Died in 1998 in the County of Wicklow in the Republic of Ireland.
Helge
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

DavidFrankenberg

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 01 Jul 2020, 20:50

Snarka wrote:
08 Dec 2005, 08:37
She was a sister of Rudolf Hess and married Robert Ley. I've read about this woman only in a Russian historical novel, where her name was translated as "Margarita" or "Greta". Probably in German it spells differently, because I couldn't find her in Google or here in the Axis forum. So, the first question is, how she was called correctly? (Then maybe I'd find some more info on her).

And the second thing, I'd like to see her photo :). Maybe it was already posted here, but I can't find it because of this spelling problem? Or, if not, and if anybody has seen it, maybe you could help? :)

Thanks,
Snarka.
Hess had one brother and one sister : Alfred and Greta.
Alfred married Lotte and Greta married Erwin Rauch, general in the Wehrmacht.

There (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107010&p=2251458&hi ... h#p2251458) is said otherwise :

the wife of Erwin Rauch is not supposed to be Hess' sister Greta, but Inge Pröhl the sister of Ilse Pröhl, the wife of Rudolf Heß.

ihoyos

Post by ihoyos » 02 Jul 2020, 19:23

According some sources, Inga Ley did not shot herself, she jump,from a window

Helge

Post by Helge » 02 Jul 2020, 20:17

ihoyos wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 19:23
According some sources, Inga Ley did not shot herself, she jump,from a window
Can you publish these editorial sources?
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Return to “Women in the Reich”