Hess's sister - Ley's wife?

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Br. James

Re: Hess's sister - Ley's wife?

Post by Br. James » 08 May 2018 20:33

At the beginning of this thread it is suggested that Robert Ley's (second) wife, Inga -- who committed suicide in 1942 -- might have been the sister of Rudolf Hess. Hess did have one sister, Margarete. The answer to this suggestion is provided above with the quote from Hess' son, Wolf Rüdiger Hess, in his book, "The Life and Death of My Father, Rudolf Hess," when Wolf Rüdiger states: "After being returned to the Allied Military Prison in Spandau, [Rudolf Hess] agreed to further visits. In the years that followed, members of the family visited Rudolf Hess 232 times altogether. Only the closest members of his family were allowed to meet with him: that is, his wife, his sister, his niece, his nephew, my wife and myself." Since Inga Ley died in 1942, she was not alive during the post-WWII years in order to visit Rudolf in prison.

Br. James

Helge

Re: Hess's sister - Ley's wife?

Post by Helge » 25 May 2018 23:20

The research of Rudolf Hess's sister brings me to Ireland: her name (married?) was Maggie Crofton. Died in 1998 in the County of Wicklow in the Republic of Ireland.
Helge
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Return to “Women in the Reich”