Jungens und Mädels der Berliner Hitlerjugend

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
buffalox

Jungens und Mädels der Berliner Hitlerjugend

Post by buffalox » 17 Jan 2006, 00:22

Hi all,
Has anyone come across this (german-language) film? Called "Jungens und Mädels der Berliner Hitlerjugend" I guess it's a story about a young lad who decides to join the HJ. I say I guess because I started watching it, only to find out that I only had half of it. Be it propaganda/rubbish/whatever, a story's a story and I want to know how it ends! It cut off just after his nasty father signs him up for something or other whilst he is enjoying a pleasant meal cooked by the BDM sister of a local HJ leafletter who tries to convince schoolchildren to join the HJ.

Anyway, in anticipation of your responses...

Erich Hartmann

Post by Erich Hartmann » 17 Jan 2006, 06:58

Erm....do you mean by any chance "Hitlerjunge Quex"???
(It sure sounds that way)
That was a propaganda flick to woo the youth and not bad made I must admit....

buffalox

Post by buffalox » 17 Jan 2006, 10:50

Erich Hartmann wrote:Erm....do you mean by any chance "Hitlerjunge Quex"???
(It sure sounds that way)
That was a propaganda flick to woo the youth and not bad made I must admit....
Could be, could be... but I do know for certain that the title I gave was part of the original opening credits - though it did sound like a strange film title to me. Perhaps you are correct, and what I saw was not the first credit of the film (though it was the first that I saw), but maybe the second (after the real title) and was merely crediting the Berliner HJ with taking part in the film. I'll see if your lead helps me out any!

buffalox

Post by buffalox » 27 Jan 2006, 23:00

Many thanks. :D It was Hitlerjunge Quex, and quite a good film it was too. Only wish that someone would digitally remaster some of these films, even the rubbishy war films devoid of much in the way of political agenda as well as Hitlerjunge Quex or other 'technically' good films (except perhaps the ones most people would offensive of course - Ewige Jude for example).

Return to “Women in the Reich”