Pictures of Inga Ley

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
bob7708

Re: Pictures of Inga Ley

Post by bob7708 » 01 Jul 2012 03:59

I may have already posted this web site on Inge but will again...just in case. I can't get it to translate into English from German so maybe you can use your own translater for it.

http://de.metapedia.org/wiki/Ley,_Inga

Helge

Re: Inga Ley

Post by Helge » 03 Aug 2012 01:56

Helge wrote:Under the pseudonym Inga Hansen
she has written children's books and
also illustrated this self
Inga Hansen: Es war einmal (fünf kleine Märchen für kleine Leute) Adolf Luser Verlag, Wien-Leipzig, 1941
Inga Hansen: Kleine Märchen für kleine Leute,Deutscher Verlag für Jugend und Volk, Wien, 1943

Helge
Inga Hansen: Es war einmal - Kleine Märchen für kleine Leute
Deutscher Verlag für Jugend und Volk Gesellschaft m.b.H, Wien
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Helge

Post by Helge » 03 Aug 2012 11:39

In his letter of condolence sent by Adolf Hitler (sent to Inga's mother) is cited GITLI (the sister of Inga?). I ask: GITLI is a name in German? A diminutive? If a diminutive: what name?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Helge

Post by Helge » 04 Aug 2012 14:59

Inga and Robert Ley in Oslo

ghostsoldier
Financial supporter

Post by ghostsoldier » 04 Aug 2012 16:11

Nice photo, one I've never seen before. :)
Rob
"Even God cannot change the past. "
-Agathon (448 BC - 400 BC)

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 04 Aug 2012 22:57

Neither have I, ghostsoldier, and I agree that it's a great photo. I believe the coat Inge Ley is wearing may actually be Norwegian fox, so perhaps the photo was taken on their departure from Norway? Though I'm surprised at the obviousness of the joins in the pelts. (I also still can't figure out the strange sort of hat she's wearing--some sort of a pith helmet-cum-ladies' hat?)

Helge, could you post the source for the photo?

~Vikki

Helge

Post by Helge » 05 Aug 2012 07:11

Vikki wrote:Neither have I, ghostsoldier, and I agree that it's a great photo. I believe the coat Inge Ley is wearing may actually be Norwegian fox, so perhaps the photo was taken on their departure from Norway? Though I'm surprised at the obviousness of the joins in the pelts. (I also still can't figure out the strange sort of hat she's wearing--some sort of a pith helmet-cum-ladies' hat?)

~Vikki
The photo is titled: "The official visit of Dr. Ley in Norway" The date is not indicated. Source of photo: Bergen Museum.
Helge

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 05 Aug 2012 07:13

Thanks Helge.

~Vikki

Helge

Post by Helge » 05 Aug 2012 07:47

Vikki wrote:Neither have I, ghostsoldier, and I agree that it's a great photo. I believe the coat Inge Ley is wearing may actually be Norwegian fox, so perhaps the photo was taken on their departure from Norway? Though I'm surprised at the obviousness of the joins in the pelts. (I also still can't figure out the strange sort of hat she's wearing--some sort of a pith helmet-cum-ladies' hat?)

~Vikki
Dear Vikki,
This is the famous fur. Robert Ley has paid $ 10,000.

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 05 Aug 2012 23:22

It's a fascinating report, Helge, thanks for posting it. But the report is referring to two fur coats (and jewels) that belonged to Ley's mistress. I wonder whether they were the same coats he originally purchased for his wife? And while the coat bought in Norway was worth $10,000, he only paid 100 Marks for it. Not surprising, when the items (like the art from Paris and the coat from Norway) were being purchased in occupied countries. As the report says about his jewel collection, bought in various countries "at his own price".

Best,

~Vikki

Svetlana Karlin

Post by Svetlana Karlin » 06 Aug 2012 06:26

~Vikki
To me it doesn't look like Norwegian fox at all. Norwegian/Arctic fox fur coats and hats are quite popular in Russia. If I saw Inga Ley's coat in a street in Moscow I would guess it would be rabbit or hare fur. By the way, coats made of rabbit, hare or squirrel typically have very obvious pelt joints. Another possibility is wolf fur, but that would seem to be a low grade of wolf fur.

Definitely not high-grade silver mink or sable.
Scorched earth, scorched lives: http://svetlanakarlin.wordpress.com/

von Brackwede

Post by von Brackwede » 07 Aug 2012 22:03

Ley visited Norway in september 1940. I enclose some other pictures from the same source, The Museum of Bergen, also published on the site Norgeslexi.

Regards, v. Br.

Helge

Post by Helge » 19 Aug 2012 18:13

Inga and Robert Ley in Oslo
Source of photo: Bergen Museum.

Helge

Post by Helge » 19 Aug 2012 20:01

Photo album in memory of the visit by Adolf Hitler and the Minister of Industry Lay ship "Robert Ley" July 20, 1939

bob7708

Post by bob7708 » 27 Aug 2012 06:43

Inga looks mighty tall when standing beside her husband and others. Anyone know how tall she was? Judging by some of these photos she looks like she might approach 6 feet.

Return to “Women in the Reich”