Russian Mini Battleship project.

Discussions on all aspects of the USSR, from the Russian Civil War till the end of the Great Patriotic War and the war against Japan. Hosted by Art.
hesh1380

Russian Mini Battleship project.

Post by hesh1380 » 05 Oct 2020, 11:12

This is probably a fake project, considering I got it from WoWs, but I'd still like to know if there was such a project.
In WoWs, it's called the Borodino, tier 8 battleship, (not the tier 2 one).

So the only information I could find was it may have been a offshoot from the Projekt 23 Sovetsky Soyuz class Battleship.
It has 2x3 406mm (16in) primary turrets forward, and 2x2 180mm(7.1in) secondary turrets aft.

Can anyone confirm whether this is an actual project the Soviets were working on or whether it is a fake.
If it is an actual project, does anyone have any blueprints for it?

Regards,
Hesh
Attachments
imageproxy (1).jpeg
This is the "Borodino".
imageproxy (1).jpeg (64.51 KiB) Viewed 6229 times
the complete idiot who likes russian bias...

In other news, I'm open to ideas for almost anything. Mostly fake projects for WW2.

Flakvierling auf Spreizlafette

Re: Russian Mini Battleship project.

Post by Flakvierling auf Spreizlafette » 05 Oct 2022, 20:05

Hello,
According to an article in Russian about the ship, the Borodino, designated the as the Small Battleship Proposal of TsNII-45 (or ЦНИИ-45 in Russian), was drafted in the fall of 1950 as a variant of the Project 24 battleship, in order to meet some very specific demands, but Soviet officials debated whether it should be created or not:
  • The Scientific and Technical Committee of the People's Commissariat of the Navy and the Naval Academy supported the decision to build a large battleship with a displacement of up to 100,000 tons;
  • Naval Academy Voroshilova and chief supervisor of the Project 24 Engineer-Captain 1st rank I.M. Korotkin recommended creating a small battleship with a smaller number of main battery guns, with a caliber of 457 mm. It was proposed to use 180 mm guns as an anti-mine caliber;
  • Navy intelligence generally proposed to abandon the construction of battleships;
  • Admiral V.P. Bogolepov separately said that the construction of a battleship in this form should be abandoned.
Image And here's a blueprint.
Kind regards.

Return to “The Soviet Union at War 1917-1945”