’Organizational Diagrams of Units and Formations of the Red Army’ (схем организации частей и соединений Красной Армии)

Discussions on all aspects of the USSR, from the Russian Civil War till the end of the Great Patriotic War and the war against Japan. Hosted by Art.
Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

’Organizational Diagrams of Units and Formations of the Red Army’ (схем организации частей и соединений Красной Армии)

Post by Jeff Leach » 22 Jul 2022, 17:45

In my collection, I have three pdfs (volumes) of the ’Organizational Diagrams of Units and Formations of the Red Army’ (схем организации частей и соединений Красной Армии).

Альбом Но. 49: схем организации частей и соединений Красной Армии (1941-1942), 1 Отдел Оргупавления ГОУ генштаба В.С., Мосцоw, 1947, 92 pages

Альбом Но. 50: схем организации частей и соединений Красной Армии (Военного Времени), 1 Отдел Оргупавления ГОУ генштаба В.С., Мосцоw, 1947, 380 pages

Альбом Но. 54: схем организации частей и соединений Красной Армии (Военного Времени), 1 Отдел Оргупавления ГОУ генштаба В.С., Мосцоw, 1947, 90 pages

The original index in the volumes is useless so I made a new one ordered by page number and another ordered by Shtat number (not all pages have Shtat numbers).

Note these are not Shtats but organization diagrams that also contain a listing of equipment.

It is unclear how complete these lists are either. I am trying to get a complete listing of volumes from TsAMO but it is not certain I’ll get one.

Here is the index to Volume 49
Album 49.pdf
(270.88 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Re: ’Organizational Diagrams of Units and Formations of the Red Army’ (схем организации частей и соединений Красной Арми

Post by Jeff Leach » 24 Jul 2022, 18:53

Here is Volume 54
Album 54.pdf
(460.66 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Der Alte Fritz

Re: ’Organizational Diagrams of Units and Formations of the Red Army’ (схем организации частей и соединений Красной Арми

Post by Der Alte Fritz » 09 Nov 2022, 00:44

This is really useful. I had started my own listing but concentrated on the armoured and command units in which I was interested in and left the others.

Did you get anywhere with the TsAMO search, although it has been shut for most of the summer

Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Post by Jeff Leach » 09 Nov 2022, 16:25

Didn't get anywhere with the search. One researcher wouldn't help at all. Another researcher was willing to help but said that section of TsAMO would be closed for quite some time.

I have started looking at another subject and probably won't return to the Red Army until later next year. I lost a whole bunch of research through an error on my part and still six months later don't want to look at the damage. The one volume I didn't index, is over twice as long as the two volumes I did.

Return to “The Soviet Union at War 1917-1945”