WWII Present Stories

Discussions on all aspects of the USSR, from the Russian Civil War till the end of the Great Patriotic War and the war against Japan. Hosted by Art.
Indra Ross

WWII Present Stories

Post by Indra Ross » 23 Aug 2003, 05:41

I just had supper with a couple of WWII vets, they had some very interesting stories about the Russians.

1) They used the toilet to wash their potatoes and when they flushed and the potatoes went down the toilet they thought it was sabotage.

2) This one is a sad story - One ladie's sister was gang raped by Russians and died (not new but very sad talking to the sister) she was left alone because she was 15 and not yet developed, and this was the reason that the Russian's left her alone and she survived.

3) Russians soldiers borrowing bicycles and trying to ride them but could not, when they fell off it was very funny, because they were calling the German Ladies Capitalist.

4) The Russian soldiers were trying to get a ring off her nephew's finger and was ready to cut his finger off, she escaped through a window and ran until she found the first Russian officer who saved her nephew's finger/life, and promply removed the all decorations from the guilty soldier's uniform.

This is very educational and sad hearing it from German's that experienced this madness first hand.

Indra

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

Post by Christoph Awender » 23 Aug 2003, 06:36

Forum members!

Keep in mind that these are "stories" and don´t reflect the personal views of Indra nor do they request to be 100% true. So please before you reply just keep that in mind.

I wanted to close this thread right now because I hear the troubles already coming. That does not mean that this thread can still be closed.

\Christoph

Indra Ross

Thanks Chris

Post by Indra Ross » 23 Aug 2003, 06:45

If you feel the need to close this thread please do so, I appreciate your insight and will not be offended.

You are correct I am just relating stories that were told to me.

Thanks Indra

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

Re: Thanks Chris

Post by Christoph Awender » 23 Aug 2003, 07:16

Indra Ross wrote:If you feel the need to close this thread please do so, I appreciate your insight and will not be offended.

You are correct I am just relating stories that were told to me.

Thanks Indra
Thanks for the understanding, Indra. Until now there is no need to close it... but I know our "folks". :wink: and wanted to take the wind out of their sails.

\Christoph

DarExc

Post by DarExc » 23 Aug 2003, 08:34

Thank God for that Russian officer =) As in every military, there are good men and there are bad men.

Windward

Post by Windward » 23 Aug 2003, 12:23

The version I heard was Soviet soldiers wash their feet in the white sleek German toilet bout. They thought it's something alike luxury bathtub.

Same funny stories about communist Chinese army in Manchuria after Japan surrender. Most soldiers were peasants before they joined the communist army and never saw a toilet bowl before. They were jitter and afraid to make the bowl smudgy, then they went outside and never use it again. And it's first time for some soldiers to saw an electric light. One guy put his tobacco pipe (the long Chinese tobacco pipe, common in countryside) on it, but it never burnt, then that angry soldier broke the lamp.

Johnny

Post by Johnny » 23 Aug 2003, 15:54

I've heard stories like that aswell, like russian cosacks ripping out toilets because they thought it was an endless supply of water, though weren't the cosacks anti-communist during the war? Or a german communist who hid in a basement during the war and was shot on the spot while "liberated" by the russians. Ofocurse these are just stories as you said previous and I have no idea if there's any truth to them.

I think it was Bosse Schön (a swedish sensationalist writer that never checks his facts or admits his faults, like the swedish treblinka guard story that turned out to be false without Schön mentioning it to be so in his follow up book) who wrote about a story whom a Swedish SS soldier had seen. Some french prostitutes who had been taken to germany were assaulted and raped right on the street by 2 asian russians while a bomb landed right on top of them and killed everyone on the spot (the SS soldier had viewed the incident thru his fieldglases)

/J

Juancho

one more

Post by Juancho » 24 Aug 2003, 14:34

I read that some Soviet Union soldiers, obviously people who didn't have the chance to see much of the modern marvels, that stole everything from German people, like light bulbs, maybe thinking that they would illuminate their homes too. Alos, they loot allthey could from German cities (as my book says, everything that was not fixed to a wall or the floor) My book belongs ot the Time Folio Collection... released in Spanish, was aboutt he Battle for Berlin, can't remember anything else.

Return to “The Soviet Union at War 1917-1945”