Interesting Pic that I have not seen before ...

Discussions on all aspects of the USSR, from the Russian Civil War till the end of the Great Patriotic War and the war against Japan. Hosted by Art.
Oleg Grigoryev

Interesting Pic that I have not seen before ...

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 12 Sep 2003, 08:06

.. and was not sure where to post it
anyway here goes: General Andrey Vlasov and writer Ilya Erenburg
by Viktor Rujkovich

thought it was curious :)

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: Interesting Picture That I Have Not Seen Before.

Post by Robert Rojas » 12 Sep 2003, 09:54

Greetings to both citizen Oleg and the community as a whole. In respect to your recent visual contribution of Friday - September 12, 2003 - 7:06am, old Uncle Bob can easily understand your consternation in terms of where to exactly locate this thought provoking photograph. Ideally, such a photograph (like many of your wonderful photographs) would fit nicely into an exclusively "EASTERN FRONT" section of the forum. Unfortunately, as you and I both know, no such section is presently in existence. Now, for whatever it is worth to you, you might consider adding your input into a thread entitled as HOW ABOUT AN EASTERN FRONT SECTION? which is located within the COMMENTS & ANNOUNCEMENT section of the forum. The author is cousin Benoit Douville and its creation date is Sunday - August 10, 2003 - 5:14pm. I believe (rightly OR wrongly) that your opinion on such matters might carry more weight than other contributors who have expressed their opinions on the subject. Thank you for your time and consideration in regards to this matter. As always, I would like to bid you a wonderful day over in the Motherland.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :)

Tomster

Post by Tomster » 13 Sep 2003, 00:31

that's indeed an impressive picture. Bit of an ironic pcture also. The 'biggest traitor' and the 'biggest propagandist' one 1 picture.

Return to “The Soviet Union at War 1917-1945”