Uniform ID question

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
hoot72

Re: Uniform ID question

Postby hoot72 » 21 Mar 2017 01:40

This image is taken from the HBO drama "Conspiracy."

Conspiracy is a BBC/HBO television film which dramatizes the 1942 Wannsee Conference. The film delves into the psychology of Nazi officials involved in the "Final Solution of the Jewish Question" during World War II.

The movie was written by Loring Mandel, directed by Frank Pierson, and starred an ensemble cast, including Colin Firth, David Threlfall, Kenneth Branagh as Reinhard Heydrich and Stanley Tucci as Adolf Eichmann. Branagh won an Emmy Award for Best Actor, and Tucci was awarded a Golden Globe for his supporting role as Eichmann.

My question relates to the collar tab on a lot of the characters in the film. The right collar tabs are blacked out either on purpose or because the tabs were removed. I don't see SS tabs on a number of the uniforms.

Was this normal or could it be that SS logos are not allowed on a HBO drama? Or censorship? I just noticed this on the version of the film i downloaded recently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arto O

Re: Uniform ID question

Postby Arto O » 21 Mar 2017 02:17

Hi hoot72,
They were members of Sicherheitsdienst (SD) or Sicherheitspolizei (SIPO) and the right collar patch was blank/empty.
with best regards
Arto

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”