Did Hitler wear a steel-lined cap?

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
berghof

Post by berghof » 07 Feb 2008, 01:27

D Humbarger wrote:Great info Berghof. Danke.
My pleasure..... such a shame 'they' are all going now! Met with Freytag von Loringhoven about a year ago in Munich when he signed my book, 'In the Bunker With Hitler', such a nice old chap....fw weeks later, he had died. One thing I shall remember that he told me was when, on the day before the Fuhrer died, he had asked him if he could make a break out with his adjutant colleague. He sais that AH readily agreed, but noticed he had a look of envy on his face as this young man was about to make a bid for his freedom. Priceless.

kstdk

Re: Did Hitler wear a steel-lined cap?

Post by kstdk » 02 Jul 2020, 15:22

Hello

It is mentioned in Joachim C. Fest´s large biografy about Hitler.

Page 836: "Even at the Führerhauptquartier Hitler was almost always wearing a heavy armoured cap"

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 03 Jul 2020, 15:38

Kurt, what a nonsense, even written by Joachim C. Fest.

What is an "armoured" cap good for, when someone shoots you right in the chest, nothing.

When did this nonsense ever come up..?
This nonsense belongs in line like Hitler's missing second testicle.
And again and again this nonsense is boiled up again, to the general enthusiasm of the worldwide readership.

The man commited suicide, in fear of russian captivity, a coward, I would no person in the bunker in Berlin like
to judge as a coward, let us call it the final end, period.
Imagine Hitler in a cage in Moscow, and Stalin rattling the chains.

Crazy, it is good as it was, I do not like to imagine, the Luftwaffe bombing the USA, NY, that would have been the end
of our so called modern world, just imagine Hiroshima and Nagasaki, never ending war crimes, planet earth totally devasted...

Hans1906
Last edited by Hans1906 on 03 Jul 2020, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 03 Jul 2020, 16:49

Hello

Hans I agree :-) I just mentioned a source who told about it - I dont beleive it either :-)

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 03 Jul 2020, 17:12

It is mentioned in Joachim C. Fest´s large biografy about Hitler.
It would be interesting to know what is the source of Fest to proclaim this fact
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 03 Jul 2020, 17:51

Thoma,

almost 4500 clicks on this nonsense, what is this good for...

The bones in russia, the so called uniforms worldwide, 99% signatures a fake, we bought the first Hitler signatures in the early 1970s,
the damn "Führer" signed even a postcard for a german "Jugendherberge".
80,- german Mark back then, probably also a fake, and on, an on the stories go...

Whould you like to have one original signature from this idiot, besides to sell it with a lot of profit to another idiot, not me, sorry.

My personal are books, the very rare posters, signatures, oha, never!

Hans1906
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”