Identification Help - German Infantry Uniform

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
ww2 buff100

Identification Help - German Infantry Uniform

Post by ww2 buff100 » 03 Apr 2021 01:42

Hi all! Great to be a part of this amazing forum. I have been trying for several weeks now to identify a uniform in my collection with little luck. From what I have been able to research I believe it belonged to a (colonel) in the 19th Infantry Regiment, belonging to the 7th Infantry Division. That being said, the tunic is named and I have not been able to located this individual as a regiment commander, and I have been told by others that the shoulder tabs and collar tab colors do not match what they would be for infantry. Appreciate any help/insight!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.
Host - For sale section

Re: Identification Help - German Infantry Uniform

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 03 Apr 2021 03:03

ww2 buff100 wrote:
03 Apr 2021 01:42
Hi all! Great to be a part of this amazing forum. I have been trying for several weeks now to identify a uniform in my collection with little luck. From what I have been able to research I believe it belonged to a (colonel) in the 19th Infantry Regiment, belonging to the 7th Infantry Division. That being said, the tunic is named and I have not been able to located this individual as a regiment commander, and I have been told by others that the shoulder tabs and collar tab colors do not match what they would be for infantry. Appreciate any help/insight!
What do mean by named? An actual name inside via a tag or inscription? How about post a pic of this name in the tunic? Tunic might be a Janke repro,

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.
Host - For sale section

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 03 Apr 2021 03:06

ww2 buff100

Post by ww2 buff100 » 04 Apr 2021 09:27

Hi Mark, apologies I thought I had attached. Please see below. The name is on the inside part of the tunic. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.
Host - For sale section

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 04 Apr 2021 14:16

Hmm interesting

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”