SA Buckle

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Sidlawman
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: 08 Feb 2017 16:26
Location: Scotland

SA Buckle

Post by Sidlawman » 04 Dec 2021 16:01

Is it possible to tell the time period of this SA buckle? Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hans1906
Member
Posts: 2984
Joined: 06 Jan 2020 23:13
Location: Deutschland

Re: SA Buckle

Post by Hans1906 » 04 Dec 2021 19:38

Sid,

here a picture overview for "SA Koppelschloss", maybe helpful for you.

Link: https://www.google.com/search?q=SA+Kopp ... =Hbd&hl=de

Please also note the many links in Google text search to the relevant offers.

Übersicht: Koppelschlösser & Feldbinden 1870 - 1945 https://www.weitze.net/militaria/Koppel ... 45all.html

Without commitment, I would guess an original, but the many copies trimmed to "old" are everywhere...


Hans
Es ist im Leben wichtig, viel zu wissen.
Manchmal ist es noch wichtiger, zu wissen, daß man nichts weiß.

User avatar
von thoma
Member
Posts: 5515
Joined: 10 Jul 2010 03:40
Location: Spain

Re: SA Buckle

Post by von thoma » 05 Dec 2021 01:04

IMHO- There are high chances that this buckle is a copy.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

User avatar
Hans1906
Member
Posts: 2984
Joined: 06 Jan 2020 23:13
Location: Deutschland

Re: SA Buckle

Post by Hans1906 » 05 Dec 2021 01:32

Copies and reproductions are to be distinguished in principle.

Many daggers, for example, were reissued after 1945, on the old Solingen tools, there was still a "market" for all this.
The boundaries were and are fluid, German "Koppelschlösser" are easily repoduced, please do not forget that.

Ignorance and too much loose money have gone hand in hand for decades, people buy expensive junk, but money is too tight for some books.
An old affliction, good literature was, and is expensive, but to whom of you do I tell this...


Hans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Es ist im Leben wichtig, viel zu wissen.
Manchmal ist es noch wichtiger, zu wissen, daß man nichts weiß.

User avatar
von thoma
Member
Posts: 5515
Joined: 10 Jul 2010 03:40
Location: Spain

Re: SA Buckle

Post by von thoma » 05 Dec 2021 03:07

Uh a 70's Spanish SS Honour Dagger model by Marto ( Toledo ) on the cover...

An original buckle for comparision ;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Sidlawman
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: 08 Feb 2017 16:26
Location: Scotland

Re: SA Buckle

Post by Sidlawman » 05 Dec 2021 10:29

von thoma wrote:
05 Dec 2021 01:04
IMHO- There are high chances that this buckle is a copy.
Based on what? And what makes the one you posted ‘original’?

Sidlawman
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: 08 Feb 2017 16:26
Location: Scotland

Re: SA Buckle

Post by Sidlawman » 05 Dec 2021 11:00

Hans1906 wrote:
04 Dec 2021 19:38
Sid,

here a picture overview for "SA Koppelschloss", maybe helpful for you.

Link: https://www.google.com/search?q=SA+Kopp ... =Hbd&hl=de

Please also note the many links in Google text search to the relevant offers.

Übersicht: Koppelschlösser & Feldbinden 1870 - 1945 https://www.weitze.net/militaria/Koppel ... 45all.html

Without commitment, I would guess an original, but the many copies trimmed to "old" are everywhere...


Hans
Thanks for that Hans. Looking at an original in one of the links this one appears and a good resemblance, especially the rear.

https://www.google.com/search?q=SA+Kopp ... 0XXyDbdN3M

User avatar
von thoma
Member
Posts: 5515
Joined: 10 Jul 2010 03:40
Location: Spain

Re: SA Buckle

Post by von thoma » 06 Dec 2021 00:03

Based on what? And what makes the one you posted ‘original’?
I gave you my opinion ( remember IMHO ) after checking database of fakes and original SA/NSKK buckles.
Answering your 1st question, its SA buckle would be of the third generation approx. 1936 model.

There is no reason to be angry, my example belongs to the part of the originals of the same period.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Sidlawman
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: 08 Feb 2017 16:26
Location: Scotland

Re: SA Buckle

Post by Sidlawman » 06 Dec 2021 05:43

von thoma wrote:
06 Dec 2021 00:03
Based on what? And what makes the one you posted ‘original’?
I gave you my opinion ( remember IMHO ) after checking database of fakes and original SA/NSKK buckles.
Answering your 1st question, its SA buckle would be of the third generation approx. 1936 model.

There is no reason to be angry, my example belongs to the part of the originals of the same period.
Angry? I’m not in the slightest bit angry, I’m was just asking an opinion. Sorry if it came across that way. Thanks for your thoughts 👍

User avatar
Hans1906
Member
Posts: 2984
Joined: 06 Jan 2020 23:13
Location: Deutschland

Re: SA Buckle

Post by Hans1906 » 08 Dec 2021 18:35

Uh a 70's Spanish SS Honour Dagger model by Marto ( Toledo ) on the cover...
Our collector friend Herr von thoma mentioned the spanish company Marto above, here is the link:
Marto / Toledo: https://www.marto.es/index.php/en (Blank weapons reproductions...)
Marto "reproduced" many German blank weapons from the era before 1945. :wink:

Sid, an "online diagnosis" of such pieces was and is always difficult, you can try, but more, unfortunately, certainly not. :wink:


Hans
Es ist im Leben wichtig, viel zu wissen.
Manchmal ist es noch wichtiger, zu wissen, daß man nichts weiß.

Sidlawman
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: 08 Feb 2017 16:26
Location: Scotland

Re: SA Buckle

Post by Sidlawman » 11 Dec 2021 17:56

Hans1906 wrote:
08 Dec 2021 18:35
Uh a 70's Spanish SS Honour Dagger model by Marto ( Toledo ) on the cover...
Our collector friend Herr von thoma mentioned the spanish company Marto above, here is the link:
Marto / Toledo: https://www.marto.es/index.php/en (Blank weapons reproductions...)
Marto "reproduced" many German blank weapons from the era before 1945. :wink:

Sid, an "online diagnosis" of such pieces was and is always difficult, you can try, but more, unfortunately, certainly not. :wink:


Hans
Hans, I agree with your sentiment with regards online diagnosis of such items.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”