Jagdeschwader Udet Cufftitle--Question

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
D.Kendal

Jagdeschwader Udet Cufftitle--Question

Post by D.Kendal » 14 Nov 2002, 07:32

Hi, recently I ran into a Jagdeshwader Udet cufftitle at a local antique store. Ironically it was in the basement where most antique dealers keep
bargain items . The going price was fifty American dollars. Being that I was interested, I called the dealer who told me he picked it up from another dealer along with a bunch of other items. I asked him about
authenticity and he said he wasn't sure and that's the reason for the low price. He also stated that the cufftitle was still made legitimatly after the war. Being that I wasn't able to challenge him on his statment, I thanked him for his candor and left--without the cuff title. My question is, was the
Jagdeschwader Udet or any other luftwaffe commemorative cufftitle made for the services post war? How many Udet cufftitles are around? What are the telltale signs of a reproduction. The title does look very nice--identical to the one detlev-neiman is selling right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
Kendal

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”