how much would this go for?

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
von ribbontrop

how much would this go for?

Post by von ribbontrop » 09 Apr 2002 05:25

how much would a green felt tropical helmet go for? i'm looking into selling mine. and how much would a tropical m43 cap go for?

thanks!
heil myselfe!

Kent Berg

Tropical

Post by Kent Berg » 09 Apr 2002 14:40

Most of the tropical pit helmets run about $150-$250 depending on condition, the felt helmet is worth a bit less than the cloth helmet, but everything depends on condition, liner, mothing, shields, and chinstrap, if all are in excellent condtion, figure on the higher end. As for the M43, do you mean the tan Luftwaffe M43, or the tan/olive DAK Army M43, the Army cap, assuming its original, and depending on condition, with all insignia, can run an average of $700, I have seen them for as low as $400, but there is a question of originality with some of those, true originals are very hard to find, and I have seen them go up close to $1000.

Michael Dorosh

Seller's market

Post by Michael Dorosh » 12 Apr 2002 14:18

Militaria is a seller's market; basically anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I agree that condition plays a large part, but German militaria is especially tricky given the number of fakes - I wouldn't be surprised to learn that especially mint condition pieces are harder to sell than slightly worn ones, due to the concerns over reproductions.

As this been a concern in your experience, bergfuhrer?

Kent Berg

Mint condition

Post by Kent Berg » 15 Apr 2002 04:02

My experience is that items in "mint" condition still command high prices, long ago, any 'mint" item was hard to sell, everybody was scared, but as time went on, and the hobby has grown in leaps and bounds, 'mint' sells real quick. I still agree that even an unworn pit helmet usually shows some age, storage, or dust, but still can be unworn, but when they look new, they most likely are new. Too many new collectors getting taken on these, all day long, soft caps are the worst!!!!!!! M43 caps are being made like mad, watch out!! I stay way away from the M43 officers with Bulllion eagles and cockades. Its a mess.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”