Help me identify!

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Azarius

Help me identify!

Post by Azarius » 09 Apr 2002, 23:13

Greetings folks!

I would appreciate if those knowledgable with WW2 militaria could take a peek at my website... The items here were collected by my grandfather when he served overseas... Some of it may be other than German origins, but take a look if you have a moment...

http://members.shaw.ca/azarius/grandpa.htm

Thanks!

Az

Dan Feltmate

Post by Dan Feltmate » 09 Apr 2002, 23:24

The eagles look like brest eagles from either a high ranking officer in the Heer (Army) or from a service dress tunic in the Kriegsmarine. It is also...possibly....that famous gold eagle we all have seen on Hitler's brown tunic coat.

That ribbon with the swords seems to be Cross of Honour 1914-18. I believe these were worn above the left breast pocket on the tunic.

That flower pin is a symbol from the Mountain troops. Perhaps it was on a cap or on arm sleeve? It looks metal, so i'm not sure, but I do know it is from the Mountain troops

The "Hat" pin was worn on an officer's visor cap. It was in the middle of the visor cap................above the visor, and below the eagle.

I'm not sure on all the Navy stuff's with Anchor's.

The oakleaves might of belonged on a Knight's cross...that's the only thing I can think of.

The gold eagle (the really small one) might possibly be from the cap of the brownshirts in the early days of the party? I'm not sure, but it looks like it was homemade so I would think it might be from the early days.

Once again....not sure on the anchor's and navy stuff.

Not sure about that eagle, either....with the Iron Cross in the middle....but it looks cool.

- Dan

Azarius

Excellent!

Post by Azarius » 10 Apr 2002, 00:25

Wow!

Thanks so much for the quick reply! :D

The Flower Pin is 2" tall, and is a lightweight metal (til or aluminum) It has 5 small holes around the petals/stem which I assume are to sew to an article of clothing...

A couple of more items knocked off the 'unknown' list. Thanks again!

Az

von ribbontrop

Post by von ribbontrop » 10 Apr 2002, 00:40

hello

that eagle with the cross in the middle is from a war veterins cap. you can see pictures of it on this site in the headgear picture section. as for the rest, well they can tell you. well, bye!
heil myselfe!

Kent Berg

insignia

Post by Kent Berg » 10 Apr 2002, 04:41

first, the eagle is a standard breast eagle for, if its darkblue, its a navy officer for the reefer jacket, or frockcoat, with gilt bullion, next the single ribbon bar, worn over the breast pocket, cross swords is for the cross of honor for combatants, next is a cap emblem for the German mountain troops, worn on the M43 cap, on the side, its the edleweiss flower. next is a standard army visor cap wreath and cockade, worn on the green band of the visor cap, next, are navy shoulderboard emlbmes in gold, worn on the top of the board, first is for Medical career, next is for artillery Mechanics career, hope that helps

kent

gusten

eagle

Post by gusten » 10 Apr 2002, 07:32

The eagle with the ironcross was weared by mebers of the veteranclub stahlhelm.

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 10 Apr 2002, 16:44

The "VRI" bagde belongs to the "2RCR Pipes & drums". They were formed in 1970 so this must be made ater that......
Take a look here:
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/9750/

Erik E

don

Post by don » 10 Apr 2002, 19:57

Azarius
I think Bergfuher is correct. Make sure brest eagle is blue.Any way here are a list of shows coming up.April 28 kingston,june 23 Toronto,Aug17 peterborough. If you have never been to a Miiltaria show ,you should go.

don

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”