SS Panzer Backpack Found HELP????

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Gunnerguy

SS Panzer Backpack Found HELP????

Post by Gunnerguy » 19 Apr 2002 20:18

Hello Gentlemen,

I'm no expert on nazi clothing or field equipment and I've found what I believe is an orig SS Panzer backpack from early WW2. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about them, where can I see any pictures of them, how are they usually marked and what is a current price for one?

The gentleman selling it is asking $150 for it and I've seen the printed markings on the inside of the leather strap but I'm trying to find out how I can tell if it's a reproduction or if it's authentic.

Thanks for any help,

Ray
"There are only 2 things that are infinite, the Universe & Man's stupidity........But I'm not so sure about the Universe". Einstein

Kent Berg

backpack

Post by Kent Berg » 20 Apr 2002 03:43

The SS backpacks, most you see these days, have a nice black cloth RZM label sewn inside the flap, denoting SS use. Some packs, dont have the RZM tag, but will have the SS RZM stamped into the leather shoulderstrap, and some packs will have both. SA backpacks will also have RZM tags, but are sometimes different than there SS counterparts. Look for the cloth label inside. I will try and photo one in my collection to show what it looks like.

Kent

Kent Berg

SS backpack photos

Post by Kent Berg » 20 Apr 2002 04:03

Heres three photos of the SS backpack. ImageImageImage

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 20 Apr 2002 10:11

Kent,

Very nice photos, thanks for sharing them.

/Marcus

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”