WW2 German officers leather trench coat?

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
copperpotuk

WW2 German officers leather trench coat?

Post by copperpotuk » 23 Sep 2011, 14:14

I have just obtained the leather coat as shown below, the story behind it was that it was found in a barn in Belgium (still had some corn in the pocket) and purchased in the early 70’s at a flea market in Amsterdam (the one they used to have before the new centre was built?) described a WW2 leather officers trench coat, this was a private buy and not from a dealer.

It measures just under 4 feet from shoulder to bottom hem, I can’t see any markings or labels on it, can anyone tell me what type of jacket it is if indeed German WW2 Officer and a value of these things, I paid £25, the leather needs a clean and nourish and any suggestions how to achieve this would be welcomed:

Ian Hulley

Re: WW2 GERMAN OFFICERS LEATHER TRENCH COAT?

Post by Ian Hulley » 23 Sep 2011, 16:56

It could have been used by the German forces but it has the characteristics of a civilian coat.

Ian

A.C.E. van T.

Re: WW2 German officers leather trench coat?

Post by A.C.E. van T. » 26 Sep 2011, 21:46

Is there no manufacturing label in the left chestside or an inside label on the left inside pocket?

Bikespre45

Re: WW2 German officers leather trench coat?

Post by Bikespre45 » 13 Jun 2021, 07:09

I have a leather trench also. Having a hard time identifying it. I thought it was a motorcycle dispatch riders coat. Until I noticed a tag inside the inside pocket.
Think it says SS

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”