Luftwaffe uniform (Major)

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Suppi

Luftwaffe uniform (Major)

Post by Suppi » 28 Apr 2002, 14:24

Hello everybody,

Recently I bought a Luftwaffe uniform (major). But in my opinion it contains some mistakes. Can you please take a look at the following page? Let me know your thoughts about it. I would appreciate it!

http://www.geocities.com/lcoffyn/major.htm

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 28 Apr 2002, 16:52

Welcome to the forum.

/Marcus

Suppi

Post by Suppi » 28 Apr 2002, 17:30

The credit goes out to you and the moderators for setting up another good forum...

Kent Berg

uniform

Post by Kent Berg » 30 Apr 2002, 04:25

According to the photos you posted, I see this as a postwar outfit, as everything about it is wrong, the tabs, collar piping, tunic wool, shoulderboards, breast eagle etc. The cap is hard to tell, as its enlisted ranks, but if its the same material as the tunic, I would be uncomfortable. It might be a postwar West German, or by the looks of the insignia, maybe a movie prop. The tunic would have a fine grade of wool, most likely twill, silver piping on collar, Silver bullion eagle, sewn slightly over the pocket flap, tabs, if yellow based for flight, would be sliver bullion with silver twist cord piping. Boards, also, would be yellow based, and either a pre-war bright twist cord, or a dull twist cord top. Cap would be same officers fine twill wool, sliver piped, silver bullion insignia, silver chincord. Of course, without it in hand, I can only make a judgement based on the photos, but the tunic is totally wrong, might be enlisted, played with somewhat to look WWII. If you need my help, I can examine it for you, and give a detailed report on what I find, I do this as a service for many collectors and dealers around the world. I spent several hours going through everything from material content, to insignia placement, or, replacement, and missing insignia.

kchuah

luftwaffe uniform set

Post by kchuah » 30 Apr 2002, 06:47

US$700 for the uniform set (if everything real) is an attractive price.

My only paratrooper tunic (just tunic) cost me USD 800
and still a good deal.

The seller was either not honest or ignorance.

regards
kenneth

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”