hitler psychological drama

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
von ribbontrop

hitler psychological drama

Post by von ribbontrop » 30 Apr 2002 06:03

WELL,

my goering uniform is done! well, not realy, i am getting the medals. i found a grand cross! this is for a movie i'm doing. one about hitler observing his life and questioning his actions. tell me your opinions. i would like to know! this is for a school project by the way. oh, and my hitler uniform is looking good as well! and a question, did martin bormann wear a uniform? or was he just a plain suit with an armband or a party pin? i ask because he is also in this. i play all the characters myselfe. it saves time and money. well, thanks!

von trop :wink:
heil myselfe!

godfather3231

I am doing one too

Post by godfather3231 » 30 Apr 2002 21:08

Hello,

I am doing a school project movie, too. Its about Estonian Waffen SS volunteers. How did you make these uniforms? Did you convert them from existing military tunics or make them from scratch? Thanks, Justin

von ribbontrop

Post by von ribbontrop » 30 Apr 2002 22:01

i converted some of exsisting uniforms, and also some from scratch. the goering tunic was maid from an overcoat i had, wich seemed to have the right shape. i order most of my medals. i just get repro's, they are much cheaper. i am also working on a himmler uniform. what exactly did you use in your film? as soon as i get some pictures i'll post them.

ta!
p.s. these are all the characters featured in my film:
Adolf Hitler
Eva Braun
Hermann Goring
Josef Goebbels
Martin Bormann
Albert speer
Heinrich Hhimmler

and i play all of them, except eva.
heil myselfe!

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 30 Apr 2002 22:16

Bormann normally used a uniform:

/Marcus

godfather3231

I used...

Post by godfather3231 » 30 Apr 2002 23:07

I used swedish tunics for the enlisted, east german gabardine tunics for the officers (all converted) and a camo tunic i sewed myself with material from at the front.
If you need help, you can use West German black firemans tunics for Himmler, available at wephaus.com under the 'New arrivals' section, and breeches as East German ones dyed black, available at http://www.reenact.com/20german.html, item #GEK033, or ebay seller "urban-military" occasionally sells them.
For the alternate Gray uniform, use East German officers tunics and breeches, available anywhere, cheapest under ebay seller "dutchie3". If you want to make the tunic almost exactly accurate, you can remove the lower pockets and flaps and sew the flap at an angle to simulate the 'slash pocket' design used on allgemine and other political SS uniforms.
What exact tunics did you use to convert? I look forward to your response, Justin

von ribbontrop

Post by von ribbontrop » 01 May 2002 01:27

well, i am using a regular east german officer tunic for himmler, a parade tunic for hitler, and since i found out that boreman wore a uniform, i'll use a german officer tunic for him as well. it is going to be filmed in black and white, so colour of the uniform unless black, is not an issue. the movie will be scripted a la stanley cubrik, to give it an eccentric sort of feeling. the movie mainly focuses on hitler and what he might be thinking. a very psychological look at hitler. most of the other characters aren't as involved in the story, though the movie does show little aspects of the others as well. such as eva's devotion to hitler, goring's drug addiction, bormann's lust for power etc. yet i don't have a title for it yet. if someone has an idea for one, let me know! you'll be given credit of course. and thanks marcus for the great pictures! what medals did bormann wear, if any? if anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask!

ta!
heil myselfe!

Kent Berg

Uniforms

Post by Kent Berg » 01 May 2002 03:18

If you need, I sell reproduction uniforms, these are made by all the leading makers in the US perfect copies, these are the uniforms used by reenactors, SS Luftwaffe, Army etc, field gear and caps, boots as well, most are still brand new, but are sold well below retail, some are used in very nice shape. Email me for a current list at bergfurher@aol.com.

Dan Feltmate

Post by Dan Feltmate » 01 May 2002 03:34

I wish I could do a movie project on the Third Reich. Especially the political leaders! But even if I suggested it........I can smell suspension and a call to the parents.

godfather3231

What city do you live in?

Post by godfather3231 » 01 May 2002 08:02

Where do you live? Sometimes it doesnt matter, but the city politcal atmosphere and affiliation can weigh in. In my case, it doesnt matter, although I live in a very liberal neighborhood that I expected would frown upon my choice of a topic, but I have recieved no problems despite my city. (I live in a suburb of Bellevue, a suburb of Seattle, Washington) However, even if my school was against my choice as a 'contreversial' topic, I would take the suspension and fight it (but, it might just be the lawyer blood in me) :D

von ribbontrop

Post by von ribbontrop » 01 May 2002 08:02

well, i was given the task to make a movie on the mind of hitler. and others as well.during the war. many of the students were a bit suprised about the whole thing, even the staff. but it is a very taboo subject, wich makes me want to do it even more! and that whole goering drug habbit, and hitler's mother and his issue of his flacid doodle i think would make an interesting film!

i'll keep posting on the whole progress report thing.
bye for now!
ta!
heil myselfe!

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 01 May 2002 09:11

von ribbontrop wrote:thanks marcus for the great pictures! what medals did bormann wear, if any?

Here are a list of Bormanns awards from Mike Miller's site:
* Goldenes Parteiabzeichen
* Blutorden
* Dienstauszeichnungen der NSDAP in Silber u. Bronze
* SS-Dienstauszeichnungen
* Ehrendegen des RF SS/Totenkopfring der SS

/Marcus

Ken Jasper
In memoriam

Post by Ken Jasper » 04 May 2002 16:01

Hey von Trop,

Sounds like you have a great project going there. Is there any chance of posting photos of the uniforms when they are completed?

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 04 May 2002 21:49

von ribbontrop wrote:and i play all of them, except eva.

Couldn't find a frock in your size, eh? :lol:

von ribbontrop

Post by von ribbontrop » 05 May 2002 06:10

Well, actualy i had debated the thought for quite some time. but thats actualy what happened, they didn't have shoes in my size. but, i have actualy been able to find people to do this thing, wich takes a big weight off my shoulders. the goering coat is big enough to fit a least ten people in it so size is ok. i still take the role of hitler though, it's a complicated role. somebody actualy suggested putting springtime for hitler in there. so i did. LOL! and i would be more than happy to post pictures. and about the hitler hat, i found a site that would amke one, but i don't know how much they will charge. has anybody ever ordered from the kriegsmarine outfitters? they have quite a selection! I'll keep you all posted on this, ta for now!

me :|
heil myselfe!

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”