Uniform help

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
kerryboo

Uniform help

Post by kerryboo » 24 May 2016, 20:41

Please can someone advise on what the darker uniform jacket signifies?
Many thanks,
Kerry
Attachments
img593_new.jpg
img593_new.jpg (90.49 KiB) Viewed 786 times
img592_new.jpg

GregSingh

Re: Uniform help

Post by GregSingh » 25 May 2016, 00:56

And what's those three stars/buttons on a shoulder tab?
Does not look like Luftwaffe rank?

shamirnewell

Post by shamirnewell » 25 May 2016, 01:32

I think he might be a NSFK gliding instructor he wears the highest "C" rating badge of the NSFK. Note the Luftwaffe soldier has the "B" class badge.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 25 May 2016, 12:39

shamirnewell wrote:I think he might be a NSFK gliding instructor he wears the highest "C" rating badge of the NSFK. Note the Luftwaffe soldier has the "B" class badge.
I certainly can agree with this possibility, but it also might be a Luftwaffe Construction/Labor uniform variation.... the 3 pips on the shoulder straps are similar to Teno/O.T. rank patterns.... of course, the "Glider" awards would be coincidental if that was the case. Just another possibility.... certainly a unique (to me, anyway) uniform variation.
John G.

kerryboo

Post by kerryboo » 25 May 2016, 13:15

Thank you all for the contributions. I thought of NSFK, but the dark uniform colour (tobacco brown or blue-grey for the NSFK), the Luftwaffe breast eagle in place of the NSFK "Icarus", the Luftwaffe other ranks belt and side cap, also the shoulder rank distinction do not support the possibility. Also the lack of collar patches, the NSFK showed rank by means of collar patches with shoulder straps varied according to groups of ranks, not one single rank.
But, anything is possible and, from experience, it should never be said that "they did not do that"!
Regards,
Kerry.

shamirnewell

Post by shamirnewell » 26 May 2016, 01:26

kerryboo wrote:Thank you all for the contributions. I thought of NSFK, but the dark uniform colour (tobacco brown or blue-grey for the NSFK), the Luftwaffe breast eagle in place of the NSFK "Icarus", the Luftwaffe other ranks belt and side cap, also the shoulder rank distinction do not support the possibility. Also the lack of collar patches, the NSFK showed rank by means of collar patches with shoulder straps varied according to groups of ranks, not one single rank.
But, anything is possible and, from experience, it should never be said that "they did not do that"!
Regards,
Kerry.

Kerry sorry I cannot answer more definitively but this one is unique and obscure. ANother potential is that he is a member of Luftwaffe airfield fire protection unit. The uniform color was a dark blue and they used a series of pips. Unfortunately he does have any color tabs which is not normal for NSFK, Teno, OT, or Luftwaffe Feuerwehr. His cap also appears to have a cockade but no national emblem. Fascinating picture thank you for posting. If I come across a definitive answer I will update.

kerryboo

Post by kerryboo » 26 May 2016, 08:36

Thank you Shamir, it is a strange one. To me the fascination of collecting photos is that there are always surprises waiting and mysteries to be solved.
Regards,
Kerry.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”