Legion Condor banner legit??

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Legion Condor banner legit??

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 30 Mar 2017 20:56

Based on this pic, real or a repop?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

von thoma

Re: Legion Condor banner legit??

Post by von thoma » 30 Mar 2017 22:02

No Sorry, it's a fake banner.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 31 Mar 2017 02:02

I know, I told the idiot that, he posted it on a FaceBook militaria group Wehrmacht Militaria etc... I told him to go to BING or GOOGLE search and type in *fake Legion Condor banners and 100's will pop up

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 31 Mar 2017 02:08

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1796280 ... ef=nf...He is getting butt-hurt now,says his life long friendd is an expert!Bahahhaha

Wolfensteiner

Post by Wolfensteiner » 08 Apr 2017 05:38

Oh dear.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 09 Apr 2017 02:42

Yep, He now says he is a advanced TR collector and knows what is real..and he has glowing praise for the friend who sold him this!!
I just ignored the idiot...

Gr8holtz

Post by Gr8holtz » 14 May 2019 20:33

Idiot ?
So this is what kind of group this is ?
I ask for opinions and get called an idiot !
Well, for someone who hasn't even touched , felt or inspected the banner in person and calls me names , I'm sure the idiot is NOT me !

matthew4108

Post by matthew4108 » 14 May 2019 22:10

The link above goes to a closed group so without joining it the subject can't be viewed. Be that as it may, the banner would not be for me.

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 18 May 2019 09:38

This banner is recogniced as replica on this place:
Re-created Historical Flags of the Third Reich... Here is possibly the finest and most beautiful replica banner we have ever seen. It is the ensign of the glorious Legion Condor that fought the communists in Spain during the Spanish Revolution. :roll:
It's possible to see details of the original banner on the book's cover- Legion Condor -
by San Martin or Ballantine publishers.
A fine embroidery is visible on eagle and cross. Not a big buzzard as is shown above
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Sejanus

Post by Sejanus » 18 May 2019 12:01

Gr8holtz wrote:
14 May 2019 20:33
Idiot ?
So this is what kind of group this is ?
I ask for opinions and get called an idiot !
Well, for someone who hasn't even touched , felt or inspected the banner in person and calls me names , I'm sure the idiot is NOT me !
:welcome:

There is a difference between an idiot and someone that may lack experience with a certain item, if that is indeed the case here. To give you an example, a very long time ago I purchased what was purported to be an original pair of high ranking Waffen SS officer shoulder boards. I also wanted to believe the story that came with them more than the objects themselves, which turned out to be high quality reproductions. Lesson learned.

I was not an idiot; I simply lacked the experience then to tell the difference between originals and fakes and acted without getting other opinions first. Lots of people still get taken like this in TR collecting, which is a minefield. The old axiom also holds true, which is to believe the item and not the story that sometimes will come with it.

When someone tries to make an insult, it reflects more on them and their real motive(s) than it should on yourself. Because insults are not necessary in helping someone to learn in circumstances like these; rather they are counterproductive. So why try to insult in the first place? To suit the bullies personality defects I suppose. :?

Merely my observations here with no offense intended toward anyone.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”