SA Overcoat

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Porcelain44

SA Overcoat

Post by Porcelain44 » 12 Nov 2017, 05:21

Can anyone give me information on this SA overcoat? Blue piped collar and RZM marked buttons. Any info would be useful: branch, rank etc. Thank you.

von thoma

Re: SA Overcoat

Post by von thoma » 12 Nov 2017, 07:47

I think is not exactly a SA greatcoat, but for NSDAP political leaders.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 14 Nov 2017, 05:25

Blue piping represents the "Orts" level of the NSDAP. Rank could be any rank authorized within the Orts level, of which there are several possibilities, but without collar tabs or the Armband this one is unranked....probably un-issued.

The Orts Level of the NSDAP was the lowest degree of responsibility/authority within the Party system.... but had the highest number of personnel and preformed the actual local level duties of the Party day by day... plus served active duty as Air defense, Luftschutz, rescue, emergency services, and eventually Volksstrum in many cases.

Overcoat could be "up graded" with tabs and correct Armband.... but not cheap.... many would say "don't touch it".... really personal choice. Nice NSDAP Orts level Overcoat as is.....
John G.

Porcelain44

Post by Porcelain44 » 15 Nov 2017, 03:45

Thanks for the info John. Appreciated, as usual. I will certainly leave the collars as they are, but I might pin an armband on it for display purposes. Would this be a standard red white and black political armband?

John G. wrote:Blue piping represents the "Orts" level of the NSDAP. Rank could be any rank authorized within the Orts level, of which there are several possibilities, but without collar tabs or the Armband this one is unranked....probably un-issued.

The Orts Level of the NSDAP was the lowest degree of responsibility/authority within the Party system.... but had the highest number of personnel and preformed the actual local level duties of the Party day by day... plus served active duty as Air defense, Luftschutz, rescue, emergency services, and eventually Volksstrum in many cases.

Overcoat could be "up graded" with tabs and correct Armband.... but not cheap.... many would say "don't touch it".... really personal choice. Nice NSDAP Orts level Overcoat as is.....
John G.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 15 Nov 2017, 05:12

The Armband should be the later style NSDAP Leaders Armband with piping and whatever tresse/oak leaf bands that show party grade.... usually run $300.00 to $600.00 range depending... but a swastika armband would be better than nothing.
John G.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”