SS helmet real or BS??

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
logictox

Re: SS helmet real or BS??

Post by logictox » 17 Jan 2018, 14:26

This is no draw, there are clear losers in this. Anyone that has ever had an opinion rendered by Mark that they put any credence in is a loser. This forum as people like Mark with his EXTREME lack of knowledge keep any true collectors away, who wants to argue with an idiot . With that said there are clear losers.

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 17 Jan 2018, 18:17

Not quite fair. I have exchanged opinions with Mark in the past and found him to be fairly knowledgeable and not least willing to be corrected too when questioned. He might have a "shoot first, ask later" attitute, so what? Duck and shoot back :wink: As I see it, the losers are those who take one answer as the only answer without asking why.

waleed

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 17 Jan 2018, 23:23

Waleed Y. Majeed wrote:Not quite fair. I have exchanged opinions with Mark in the past and found him to be fairly knowledgeable and not least willing to be corrected too when questioned. He might have a "shoot first, ask later" attitute, so what? Duck and shoot back :wink: As I see it, the losers are those who take one answer as the only answer without asking why.

waleed
"Well said".... None of us are without sin, most of us try to give honest opinions and advice, but no one here claims to be expert. This is much more a historical/educational/informational forum than a dedicated forum like Wehrmacht awards, Daggers, helmets, etc. forums that are out there. I've also been around along time (since 1956 when I started collecting).... and have no ax to grind except to assist as best I can my fellow collectors. Even the best forums have problems with originality and identification sometimes....

I would not give an opinion on this helmet without much better pictures of the entire helmet... inside and out. I still reserve my opinion and would suggest the Wehrmacht Awards forum if you want more expert opinion. Keep it civil and we'll welcome your contributions.
John G.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 17 Jan 2018, 23:33

THank you JohnG & Waleed Y. Majeed... and thnak you Max (logictox) for calling me an idiot, for the 5th time on this and other threads.

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 18 Jan 2018, 00:08

Hi Mark, a Waleed will do in the future.

Waleed

Max

Post by Max » 18 Jan 2018, 00:50

John G. wrote:I would not give an opinion on this helmet without much better pictures of the entire helmet... inside and out. I still reserve my opinion and would suggest the Wehrmacht Awards forum if you want more expert opinion. Keep it civil and we'll welcome your contributions.
John G.
http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-helmet ... ss-652961/
Greetings from the Wide Brown.

Max

Post by Max » 18 Jan 2018, 01:00

logictox wrote:This is no draw, there are clear losers in this. .
I'm not sure what happened at FaceBook or why, but it seemed to me that Mark [Black Knight] didn't come out of it well.
You really do need to watch the Monty Python sketch again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

Max [NOT logictox]

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 18 Jan 2018, 02:01

You do know what happened on the FaceBook group ****MIlitaria collectors "show and tell"***as you and Mr.Max Millender are very good friends and buddies.Every time he made a nasty remark of me, you commented directly below.

Some members there on that group think you and him are two in the same.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 18 Jan 2018, 02:06

Hmm after seing the link you posted, I will change my mind as to the decal.Now if Max(or whomever) had posted morew than the 3 pics on that group (FB) I would hav eagreed with the *good assessment, I do notice though, after even on that link, after someone asked about the black paint on the rivet, no answer ever comes.

Max

Post by Max » 18 Jan 2018, 03:31

Mark in Cleveland, Tn. wrote:Hmm after seing the link you posted, I will change my mind as to the decal.Now if Max(or whomever) had posted morew than the 3 pics on that group (FB) I would hav eagreed with the *good assessment, I do notice though, after even on that link, after someone asked about the black paint on the rivet, no answer ever comes.
But he did answer the question of the rivet here.

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic ... 3#p2119083

Max

Post by Max » 18 Jan 2018, 04:01

Max wrote:
logictox wrote:This is no draw, there are clear losers in this. .
I'm not sure what happened at FaceBook or why, but it seemed to me that Mark [Black Knight] didn't come out of it well.
You really do need to watch the Monty Python sketch again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

Max [NOT logictox]
Mark in Cleveland, Tn. wrote:You do know what happened on the FaceBook group ****MIlitaria collectors "show and tell"***as you and Mr.Max Millender are very good friends and buddies.Every time he made a nasty remark of me, you commented directly below.

Some members there on that group think you and him are two in the same.
WOW!!!
At last!!
My very own conspiracy.

OK[seriously]
I am NOT Max Millender.
I have never been on FaceBook under any name [Hard to believe I know]
I only got involved in this thread to point out that your link to FaceBook was broken.
You then you deleted your post with the link.
After that It all went down hill.
At the end of it all though, we now have a full range of pics for the item under discussion and you agree that it's OK - I'm looking forward to what John G and von thoma have to say.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 18 Jan 2018, 18:32

About the helmet:
The photos in the "W.R.Forum" are must better and I'd say it's a good M40 SD from what can be seen. Hands on is always the last step.... but a nice looking helmet IMO.

To those it may concern,
The unneeded back and forth is not productive and only fans the flames. We all should be trying to respond to the best of our abilities and knowledge here and should try not to make it personal. Obviously there will be disagreement, disappointment, and error on occasion.

I'm a "Co-host", not a moderator. I can only ask everyone to remain civil here. No one knows everything or is always correct. There are a lot of dishonest collector/dealer out there who prey on the less informed. We here, at least, I sincerely believe, try to do our best to assist in whatever ways "we" can. When we're wrong, we were wrong... it happens..... At 69 my eyesight certainly isn't what it used to be.

This particular thread has run it course IMO... and I'm going to attempt to "Lock topic".... everyone feel free to start a new threads on whatever topics/items you wish.... but please obey the forum rules about civilities and
conduct here regardless of motives.
John G.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”