WW2 German Insignia Pillow

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Porcelain44

WW2 German Insignia Pillow

Post by Porcelain44 » 18 Oct 2018, 01:56

What are your thoughts on this item? Insignia sewn to pillow case. Does this look WW2 era done? Has anyone see another?

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: WW2 German Insignia Pillow

Post by John G. » 18 Oct 2018, 14:20

Probably done as a souvenir pillow right after the war..... Certainly interesting and different than other similar souvenir items I've seen or had over the years. Often collectors/dealers will disassemble these as it's usually worth more that way..... depends on what's there and if whatever is on there can be removed without serious damage..... Looks like a couple patches may be replacements for removed items (Police shoulder board for example), but in hand viewing would probably confirm that or not.

The white circular star patches appear to be Italian A.F., What's on the back side?

Nice, different, probably made in Italy where many souvenir items originated.
John G.

Porcelain44

Post by Porcelain44 » 18 Oct 2018, 23:01

Thanks for your valued input John, as usual. What other items may be replacements, do you think? Do they appear to be period replacements? Many thanks very much. Here are some more pics.
John G. wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 14:20
Probably done as a souvenir pillow right after the war..... Certainly interesting and different than other similar souvenir items I've seen or had over the years. Often collectors/dealers will disassemble these as it's usually worth more that way..... depends on what's there and if whatever is on there can be removed without serious damage..... Looks like a couple patches may be replacements for removed items (Police shoulder board for example), but in hand viewing would probably confirm that or not.

The white circular star patches appear to be Italian A.F., What's on the back side?

Nice, different, probably made in Italy where many souvenir items originated.
John G.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 19 Oct 2018, 15:04

The Police-type shoulder board is the only possibly added item that jumps out.... the rest all appear on there since created..... Several are what would be called latewar..... Which is to be expected. Not sure what they used for the large swastika, not any type of braid I've seen before.

Nice item, certainly different.
John G.

Porcelain44

Post by Porcelain44 » 20 Oct 2018, 01:52

John, Can you tell me what the green and black patch is for?

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 20 Oct 2018, 02:57

It's a rank patch for the arms worn on camouflage smocks
I see something wrong in that patch, o maybe it is stitched on the reverse ( Unterfeldwebel two bars, or Feldwebel three bars ? )

An Unterfeldwebel example ;

CR-16.jpg
CR-16.jpg (47.31 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”