reliable

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Lifelooking

reliable

Post by Lifelooking » 20 Jan 2019 02:37

can anyone advise on a auction website/store/website/web store that is trust worthy and reliable when it comes to authenticity?

Im looking for my first piece of Einsatzgruppen memorabilia, but i like to buy authentic, not fake. Its somewhat difficult to find anywhere online that doesnt seem.... fake? or...maybe im being cynical.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: reliable

Post by John G. » 20 Jan 2019 03:26

There are many honest dealers out there, but also many not so much....

If you are trying to collect Einsatz material and you're new to collecting, your asking to get screwed! Such material would be extremely rare and extremely expensive, there was no special insignia or uniforms.....most were SD or police, and certainly very little material would have survived or be recognized it it did. You're looking for the "holy grail".... Don't waste your time or money....
John G.

Lifelooking

Post by Lifelooking » 20 Jan 2019 04:10

Einsatzgruppen memoriblia is really that highly priced and hard to find? I would think there would be a lot of it out there.

Is the website OD43 a honest dealer?

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 20 Jan 2019 13:59

OD43 has many real and many totally bogus crap fakes., formerly known as Germainia, it had such a bad reputation it changed its name.... Not a place I,d buy from.

Einsatz related stuff is almost unknown..... other than might or could have been stuff.... or totally bull carp stories.... what would there be? Some SS/SD uniforms, Police or Shuma possibly, documents, but there was nothing unique about einsatzgruppe from regular SS/SD, Polizei, or foreign volunteers who were involved.

Anything SS/SD is extremely expensive and heavily faked..... Not anything a new collector should be getting into.
John G.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”