New collector, please help with authenticity

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
C2etalon

Re: New collector, please help with authenticity

Post by C2etalon » 18 Mar 2019 23:30

Wow. Well anything I look at I’m gonna toss it on here for you guys advise! Thank you for all the knowledge

C2etalon

Post by C2etalon » 02 May 2019 09:24

I’m heading to an auction tomm and I think this stuff looks good! Please let me know any insight and prices I should pay and items I should go for most!

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

C2etalon

Post by C2etalon » 02 May 2019 09:36

Here is the link guys to better pics! Let me know

https://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/phot ... 104&feed=1

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 02 May 2019 11:47

The helmets, hats, flag, appear to.be real, all the German uniforms are TRASH.... Bad reproductions. Can't tell on the medals, documents, etc., But doubtful based on what's listed... The SS tabs are fakes, etc. Auctions are dumping ground for fakes..... Until you know what you're doing.... Some of the U.S. stuff looks more interesting, but beauty is in eyes of beholder....
Hope this helps...
John G.

PS. Looking closer, the SS silverware, enamel signs, the smaller flag (HJ), the HJ knife, the blank wehrpass, are all junk too! The signed documents are probably fakes too.... But in any case are not actual signature, would be auto-pen. None show age or folds.... Very doubtful. Most of the tray lots are very lame..... a few minor items but mostly junk.

The US jump jacket, German Camo. jacket deserve a close look, but many repros. Or reenactment versions are out there.

John G.

Post by John G. » 02 May 2019 13:09

Prices depend on what you want and can afford.... The helmets will probably be in the $500.00 plus range, the original flags $100./200.00 range, the visor hat $400./500.00, the 1917 U.S. Knuckle duster $400.+, The jump jacket (if real) $1000.+, German Camo. Jacket $2500.+ if real.... So on. Whatever else is up to you. Don't be caught up with bidding on the other stuff....even if there are other bidders or high bidding... I see junk sell for big prices from non-knowing or careing dealer or newbies collectors.
John G.

The small battle flag (RK flag) next to the Red Cross flag is crap too.

C2etalon

Post by C2etalon » 02 May 2019 16:54

Any opinions on the police sword?

John G.

Post by John G. » 02 May 2019 18:40

Not enough pictures to tell much but probably ok. (Police sword).....

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 03 May 2019 01:09

FYI on this auction, it is also being carried live via Proxibid Services and HiBid Services, and like JohnG says, most all the TR paper, etc are crap. USA stuff looks good, but if you think you gonna get anyof this stuff cheap, bahahaha aint goin to happen, what I see ging on on lts of these www auctions are lots of fake and shill bids to pump up the prices on TR and most USA relic items, and listen to hiom when he says do not get caught up in the bidding, as these online auctions can and lots are scamming .IMO if in an auction most all the TR relics are fdakles fantasies, ehh, thats a major red flag to just watch and enjoy, but not bid

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 03 May 2019 03:12

Any opinions on the police sword ?
Not enough pictures to tell much but probably ok. (Police sword).....
A Police NCO's Sword

fi466.cgi.jpg
fi467.cgi.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

C2etalon

Post by C2etalon » 03 May 2019 08:04

Ok guys..eventful day! I want to thank you for all the help first off. Im a new collector and its really frustrating getting fake items in the past and this forum has revived my interest with everyone expertise.
I ended up getting 4 items and fingers crossed they are legit. The small local auction house I figured I'd luck out with good prices but as they came up for sale the phone started ringing and the place filled up with gentlemen looking serious.

I got both helmets, the visor and some pics/random items. The one thing that surprised me was the Heer helmet. It ended up being signed and it was clearly the most popular item of the day. I think I may have overpaid, but you guys can give me some impute and look at the pics and give some thoughts? I did "get involved" with the auction and I hate losing... esp to some foreign guy that seemed to bully the locals with his bidding.

C2etalon

Post by C2etalon » 03 May 2019 08:06

Luft

C2etalon

Post by C2etalon » 03 May 2019 08:06

Panzer Visor

C2etalon

Post by C2etalon » 03 May 2019 08:16

This stuff looks like some WW1 stuff? The blue sheet really has me interested, it had a lot of bids on it. It looks like it is a hand written map that was copied twice on the back of some nazi paper... and he wrote something on there.....is he pointing out enemy gun placements?? LMK

C2etalon

Post by C2etalon » 03 May 2019 08:18

I paid 90 for the pics and the blue sheet and small USA flag
450 for the LUFT
120 for the Panzer Visor
650 for the HEER

I know thats higher than you guys said go, but I think it being signed brings up the value.... Ok sorry for all the posts

FYI- The spoons sold for 310, the USA paratrooper jacket sold for 650, the Police sword sold for 350 thats what I remember.

John G.

Post by John G. » 03 May 2019 12:47

I'd say you did fine on the helmets.... My estimates were fairly low. The visor hat surprises me unless I missed something, should have sold for much more. Don't see the interest in the photos or map but it's all in the eye of the beholder. Helmets were a nice pick up!
John G.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”