- Posts: 2
- Joined: 19 Aug 2019 14:32
- Location: Pennsylvania
I'm new to this and could use some help. I was given this helmet. Based on my extremely limited knowledge and doing some basic searches, I've been able to tell the following (correct me if I'm wrong)
* It is Heer - Army
* It is an M40 because it has punched vent holes and the edge is folded inward
* It has a F.W. Quist / Esslingen manufacturer mark
* The manufacturer code of Q is on the side of the helmet so it is most likely pre 1943.
How far off am I? Is there anything else I"m missing? Any idea on it's value?
- Host - Militaria sections
- Posts: 5660
- Joined: 25 Apr 2006 18:56
- Location: USA
Hard to be more accurate without pictures from all angles. A squirt of wd40 wouldn't hurt either on this one.