Who can identify the uniforms of these German POW's

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
lutrebois

Who can identify the uniforms of these German POW's

Post by lutrebois » 31 Aug 2019 16:59

Good evening

As I only collect "Battle for Berlin" and "Volkssturm Berlin" paperwork, I was fascinated by this Russian photo showing German POW's marching towards the POW-cages in the east of Berlin.

With the help of some forum friends the location this photo was taken could be confirmed as the Schicklerstrasse in Berlin. The Germans are leaving the Alexanderstrasse and turn left on the ]Schicklerstrasse.
image.jpeg

This group of POW's show different styles of uniforms.
I'm looking for help to identify (so far as would be possible) those uniforms, as those could lead to the units that defended the Alexanderplatz. ( regular Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, Landwehr, Panzer, Volkssturm, Polizei, ....)

Thanks

Enjoy the weekend

Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

von thoma

Re: Who can identify the uniforms of these German POW's

Post by von thoma » 01 Sep 2019 20:27

Some member of Polizei is present in the picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

lutrebois

Re: Who can identify the uniforms of these German POW's

Post by lutrebois » 02 Sep 2019 15:33

Good afternoon

Thanks for your post. Two rows behind that police member is marching what I believe another policeman.
What do you think of the uniform of the guy just walking next (left of) the marked policeman?

Regards

Peter

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”