Karl Wolff personal Ascot and Autograph

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
copperpotuk

Karl Wolff personal Ascot and Autograph

Post by copperpotuk » 21 Feb 2021, 17:07

Hi Members, I have some Karl Wolff items in my collection, the Ascot/Scalf came by way of the General Lyman L Lemnitzer collection sold in 2007 and his autograph came by way of the Jurrs autograph collection, I have researched the auction and many items were sold from the Lemnitzer collection, my thinking is perhaps this was obtained by Lemnitzer as he had dealings with the surrender of italy from Wolff, if I'm not mistaken? I am looking for a platform to move the display on and could do with some advice to where would be the best place (I'm in the United Kingdom) I've also put some images on of the items and some info I have, thanks for any anticipated assistance.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Karl Wolff personal Ascot and Autograph

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 22 Feb 2021, 02:48

I think the auto signed pic is BS,way post war, as he lived to 1984? IOW was NOT signed anywhere near post WW2,so that part of this auction is crappola, as IMO this weird scarf.Looks like a tablwe runner to me. Even auctions of high US officlas are ful of crap they buy at gun shows, even way back in this time era

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”