Cuff titles-bands in upcoming auction, what are they?

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Cuff titles-bands in upcoming auction, what are they?

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 30 Aug 2021, 00:54

Just what exactly are these two titles,know the bottom one, kind of, but top one has me stumped
Attachments
240736642_2983634611957510_5881716529162446753_n.jpg

von thoma

Re: Cuff titles-bands in upcoming auction, what are they?

Post by von thoma » 30 Aug 2021, 05:44

The Luftwaffe Richthofen commemorative cuffband doesn't look authentic to me.
Below, a NSKK diamond, and a Reich cockade is also appreciated.
That broken green band in Sütterlin's handwriting, it doesn't correspond to any known pattern.

A very poor auction is coming....better not bid.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 30 Aug 2021, 10:04

Moin Mark,

On the upper Ärmelband is the word Werkschutz in Sütterlin script.
Sütterlin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sütterlin

Google photo search for "werkschutz ärmelband": https://www.google.com/search?q=werksch ... 00&bih=759

Members of the Werkschutz were often older males who had already completed their military service.
Werkschutz units were uniformed and carried light handguns, rifles, carbines, pistols.
All foreign workers were strictly monitored by a racist bureaucratic repression and control apparatus consisting of the Wehrmacht, labor office, Werkschutz, police and SS.
Source: Zwangsarbeit 1939 - 1945 https://www.zwangsarbeit-archiv.de/zwan ... index.html

Thank you for the interesting photo.

Hans

P.S. Please try another search for "werkschutz zwangsarbeit", there are a lot of interesting pages and *.pdf files for download, most of them unfortunately only in german language...
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 30 Aug 2021, 14:35

Thank you guys for info, that is why we are the best forum on the www. I thought the cuffs were not real, needed facts though.This auction that has these has lots of very well done up fake s and interspersed in the lots are some good items.. In other words they know what is what, and am fooling some bidders, we call that technique ** Salting the mine** very common in the Gold fields, silver mines out West , toss in a nugget or two in a played out mine to give the appearance of a new mother load veins.In this lot, yes, the two NSKK insignia look good, and the cockcade might be,

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 30 Aug 2021, 14:57

You are welcome, Mark

The Werkschutz Ärmelband is rare, and is rarely offered when embroidered in the Sütterlin script...

A very early version, is almost never offered...
Many of the guards at the time were associated with the early concentration camps, and not without reason.

But that is, as almost always, another topic...

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”