Re Peugeot 202 Berline

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Kenty

Re Peugeot 202 Berline

Post by Kenty » 08 Sep 2021, 13:36

Good day Folks and Admin , many thanks for allowing me onto your forum...

May I take the liberty of asking for help re an emblem on the Peugeot 202 Berline attached ...

I am at the moment doing a diorama scene regarding Major general Kussin and it is a scene before his fateful trip down Wolfheze avenue at the intersection with utrecht avenue , back on his way to his HQ in Arnhem...

NOW...in my research , as I have the Citroen Traction Avant kit and was looking for what markings his staff car would have and I came upon this picture stating it was the same incident...well as you can see it is not...first of all the injured soldier is alive and he is wearing what looks to be a Luftwaffe uniform also the vehicle is not a Citroen it is in fact a Peugeot...

Then , i got intrigued with the picture as I have now also acquired a kit for the 202 Berline and would like to also recreate this one into a diorama...

RIGHT..after all that ...my question is...what is that emblem on the right rear of the Peugeot??..

Your help would be greatly appreciated...
8bf828147b9aa1e734622301d0d61674.jpg

von thoma

Re: Re Peugeot 202 Berline

Post by von thoma » 10 Sep 2021, 21:28

Hello Kenty ;

Welcome to AHF.

After a search, I don't think it's a Geschwader, or Luftwaffe unit emblem.
For the Luftwaffe service, the car must be registered as WL.
as I have the Citroen Traction Avant kit and was looking for what markings his staff car would have and I came upon this picture stating it was the same incident.
I think it was not the same incident ( Major General Kussin ), if I am not mistaken, the General was shot by British paratroopers,
your Peugeot photo shows the assistance of U.S. soldiers.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Kenty

Re: Re Peugeot 202 Berline

Post by Kenty » 11 Sep 2021, 08:50

Thanks for the welcome...

Yes I have no doubt its not the same...thanks for the intel...

The search continues..that emblem must be for some or other unit ..must be in the wehrmacht...

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”