Cuff bands General Seyffardt and De Ruiter

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
NicoH

Cuff bands General Seyffardt and De Ruiter

Post by NicoH » 29 Sep 2021, 18:39

Hello all,

I would like to ask a simple question on a matter which has me puzzled.
Many Will know that the 4.SS Freiw.Pz.Gren Brigade Nederland was authorized to wear a Nederland cuffband, and the 2 Regiments 48 and 49 were authorized a own cuffband , either General Seyffardt or de Ruiter.
IT is known that these bands were manufactured, but i would like to know WHEN (month/year) and where, production of these cuffbands started.
I hope some of the cuffbands collectors can help in this matter.

I assume that An order (by the SS-FHA?) Was given to the manufacturing company/companies for the delivery of these bands.
Alle information on this matter is highly appreciated.
Best regards and thanks in advance

Nico

von thoma

Re: Cuff bands General Seyffardt and De Ruiter

Post by von thoma » 01 Oct 2021, 23:55

General Seyffardt cuff title was supposedly approved after his death ( 6 Feb. 1943 ).
where, production of these cuffbands started.
By firm "Bandfabrik Ewald Vorsteher", in Wuppertal-Barmen ( BeVo-Wuppertal ), I have seen some original exemplares.

I have no information about the date of introduction of the other cuff title ' De Ruiter'.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

NicoH

Post by NicoH » 02 Oct 2021, 18:40

Hello

Thanks for your answer. Alas still no firm date production of these bands started. We can only hope that someone has this kind of information. Perhaps a company archive of the BEVO firm,should this exist ,might hold the information. Who knows if this archive exists.
All information on the bands, when produced numbers /amount produced, etc is wellcome
Regards
Nico

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 03 Oct 2021, 06:13

A couple pics of what we are discussing for viewing pleasure.. Both were issues in 1943, that is all I know,but your answers can be found on a detailed www search
Attachments
W-61.jpg
W-61.jpg (76.07 KiB) Viewed 4423 times
W-62.jpg
W-62.jpg (86.88 KiB) Viewed 4423 times

NicoH

Post by NicoH » 03 Oct 2021, 12:54

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the pictures of these bands. However this still does not answer my questions. I read in Klietmann that the Reichsführer-SS approved of the naming of the 2 Panzergrenadierregiments of the SS-Frw.Pz.Gren Brigade Nederland as General Seyffardt and de Ruiter in November 1943. This is also confirmed by the SS-FHA listing of formations with their ärmelstreifen of 12.11.43 which lists 3 cuffbands for the 4.SS Frw PzGren Brigade Nederland, namely "Nederland", "General Seyffardt"and "de Ruiter".

Given the fact that approval was only recieved in November 1943, I assume that manufacture could only have begun after this approval.

On a more general note: What is the chain of events if a formation is assigned a Cuffband.

I assume that it might have been somewhat like this:
- SSFHA or other agency in charge of acquiring uniforms/insignia, contacts a/the manufacturer of these bands and orders the production of a (specified? amount of these bands in a certain way/style.
The manufacturer send the gency a estimated date of production (from when to when) and the amount ordered and after fulfilling the order the total amount produced.
Then after production of the band is finished the cuffband is shipped from the manufacturer to a uniforminsignia distribution agency/centre of the WSS .
This agency/centre then ships the bands to the unit in question
I assume all this must generate quite some paperwork. This paperwork is I feel vital in getting to know the manufacturing period.

Whilst nobody disputes the production of these bands during WW2, I would like to precise the manufacturing period. On another forum WAF), evidence is shown thet the Artillery Regiment (or at least 1 Abteilung) was to add the cuffband Nederland to their uniform no later of 2.12.44.
So this shows that the Nederland cuffband must have been manufactured before the date of the Abteilungsbefehle, and also shipped out to the Brigade in Courland . This would indicate that the cuffband Nederland had been manufactured in 1944 (summer?) .
If anyone knows more of the chain of events, production dates etc, please help.

Best regards

Nico

NicoH

Post by NicoH » 24 Oct 2021, 11:00

Hello all

Nobody ????

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”