tropical uniform DAK

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
NavyCdo412

tropical uniform DAK

Post by NavyCdo412 » 25 Nov 2021, 00:31

When a German soldier was transferred to another unit, did his tropical suite send to another unit depot, or was his own property? I mean as simple private, not officer.

And if a DAK soldier was killed in Africa (wearing the tropical combat dress), his mainland fieldgrey wool uniform was destroyed or sent to another depot where was used again for an "alive" soldier?

von thoma

Re: Tropical Uniform DAK

Post by von thoma » 25 Nov 2021, 17:54

Soldiers' equipment is owned by the Army.
It is up to a quartermaster officer ( Sometimes a NCO ) to determine his fate in each unit.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Hans1906
Banned

Re: tropical uniform DAK

Post by Hans1906 » 26 Nov 2021, 00:34

The equipment and clothing was the property of the country, in this case Germany.
If something remained, then all that was checked, cleaned, and further used. The same with all weapons and other equipment.
As far as I know, fallen soldiers were always buried in their uniforms, as far as possible also with all awarded decorations.

But who of us knows for sure, not me ?
The ubiquitous and disgusting digging up of the fallen speaks its own language.
These characterless profiteers are everywhere, more than pathetic, on all former sides, in all countries, also here in Germany.

These "Leichenfledderer" should sink into the ground, without a trace in shame, all of them !

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”