Ranginsignias - German Officers

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Melax

Ranginsignias - German Officers

Post by Melax » 21 Apr 2022, 17:29

Hi,

sorry if this sounds stupid, but I hope someone might help me with a rather simple task (I hope)

does anybody can identify the rang insignias of the 2 german officers? (sorry that I am not allowed to post the complete picture but I don't have the copyright of the picture :( )

one officer SHALL be an Leutnant (Adjutant) and the other SHOULD be Zahlmeister (or Oberzahlmeister)

so far so simple - I am just irritated about the "addition" on the "Schulterklappen" on both men - the Zahlmeister should have an addition like "VH" but the other one shouldn't have anything on his Schulterklappen...

maybe i am just confused and blind or ... but I would really be thankful if someone could itdentify the ranks just to be sure :)

Thanks a lot,
Alexander

picture 1 (this I would guess the the Leutnant but the "addition seems more like the Zahlmeister?):
UNiform 01.jpg
UNiform 01.jpg (126.27 KiB) Viewed 5625 times
Picture 2 (from the age of the man I would have guessed he is the Zahlmeister but... looks more like an Oberleutnant and the text on the back of the picture is wrong ... *help* :
Attachments
UNiform 02.jpg

von thoma

Re: Ranginsignias - German Officers

Post by von thoma » 21 Apr 2022, 22:56

Hello ;

I don't think they wear ' Heeresverwaltung Schulterklappen ', with HV cipher. ( They also used different 'Litzen' )
In the first picture, it is not clear, looks more like a medical branch cipher, or a single number ( but it happens that the insignia is not centered )
if there is nothing deleted, the rank would be Leutnant.
The second picture, shows shoulder pads of an Oberleutnant, no cipher insignia appears.

Officer Heeresverwaltung Schulterklappe and Litzen.
Attachments
genuine-ww2-german-administration.jpg
genuine-ww2-german-administration.jpg (56.54 KiB) Viewed 5457 times
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Melax

Re: Ranginsignias - German Officers

Post by Melax » 21 Apr 2022, 23:18

Hi,

yes that was also my first impression - a Assistenzarzt (if not Zahlmeister) and one Oberleutnant - but the original picture is labelt with "Skatspielen mit Zahlmeister und Adjutant" (Adjutant was a Leutnant)

so... the picture would be wrong named it seems... hmm...

EDIT: oh, I forgot: if it helps, the Officers would be of a Heeres Küsten Artillerie - no idea if this would add an chiper insigina of some kind...

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”