SS Blitz Patches

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Rotwang M

SS Blitz Patches

Post by Rotwang M » 23 Apr 2022, 15:06

The questions came up… “Would SS signalmen assigned to an infantry unit have the blitz trade badges? If so, would they have been in a diamond shape like the sani’s or round like their Heer counterparts? I’m assuming their should(er) boards would remain white also.”

SS Nachrichtentruppen usually wore the diamond blitz patch on the left sleeve between the elbow and the cuff title. As far as I could tell from vintage photographs, the blitz on the diamond SS patches was white regardless of the waffenfarbe of the assigned unit.

There is photographic evidence that some SS Nachrichtentuppen wore the same oval blitz patch as Heer, but in the same location on the left sleeve as the SS diamond patch. These truppen probably went to Heer Nachrichtenschule and got the oval patch there. Again, the oval patches all appear to have the white blitz, regardless of waffenfarbe.

For more information about Nachichtentruppe and Nachrichtenhelferin uniforms and insignia, check out my book… https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/rotwang ... pageSize=4

von thoma

Re: SS Blitz Patches

Post by von thoma » 22 Apr 2023, 00:07

Regardless of the allotted unit's waffenfarbe, the blitz on the diamond SS patches would have been white.
Yes, no waffenfarbe colour in this kind of SS sleeve diamond ( Funker ) radio operator.
A cuff title of 'Hitlerjugend' can be seen in the picture above.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”